Tabula Rasa

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

tomas

Tabula Rasa

Post by tomas »

Was wondering if anyone else is thinking about picking up this game?

If theres 4/5 of us it might be worth making a clan (i've got to level 10 so far, and I have 60% of the cash to create a clan, so if 4/5 of us got together it shouldn't be much of a problem, even if we stop playing, or hardly ever play or whatever)

Anyone slightly tempted, the game is cheap as chips, although there is a monthly subscription its worth giving a go for a month of free play. Heck, until WoW picks up again with the expansion, you could do it instead!

If you get the collectors edition (£9) you start with 4 "Paints" and you can pick up lots of other ones. The ones that drop produce 10 lots of Paint, but are consumed, the 4 a collector starts with only produce 1, but stick around.

Each of these many colours let you paint your armour whatever colour you want. And each one has 25 slightly different shades. Currently i'm running around in a mix of green and dark green.

Anyone who's seen the Zero Punctuation will probably remember the "MMO players will be annoyed when you go back to town to hand in some quests and its been taken over" and I was a bit annoyed last night that I couldn't hand a couple of quests in at the LZ.

This was easily (very easily) outweighed by time when I was in the LZ and it was under heavy attack. Which was by far my favorite part of the game so far. Possibly the nearest wow equivilent I can liken it to, would be General Rajaxx, or Mount Hyjal trash. But imagine theres 10x more mobs, and you're defending a base rather than running around in the open. Respawn "Graveyards" are in bases, so you're straight back into the action.

Anyway, was running around with Commando last night, and I could tell he was enjoying it (the main give away was when I asked if he was enjoying it) at least, I was running around with Commando until I got bored of being in the same caves I'd be in the previous day 3 times :p

The quests are plentyful, and follow on from each other very well. Also i've come across 2 quests so far where you're given the option of how to complete it. One was taking a prisoner (who you could let escape) and another a drug running quest where I could hand over the quest giver to the authorities.

As you might be able to tell, i'm writing this while bored at work, so I'll probably add even more later :p