CTSamurai Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cabrera signed a minor league deal Thursday and was assigned
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:03 am 

Melky Cabrera has re-signed with the Cleveland Indians D.K. Metcalf Jersey , who need outfield depth and protection while Lonnie Chisenhall and Bradley Zimmer are injured.

He was with the club earlier this season before being designated for assignment last month.

Chisenhall was placed on the disabled list this week with a nagging calf injury, and there’s no timetable for his return. Zimmer has been sidelined at Columbus with a shoulder injury.

The 33-year-old Cabrera signed a minor league contract with the Indians in April. He batted .207 with five doubles and 11 RBIs in 17 games for Cleveland.

Cabrera has a .285 career batting average during 14 major league seasons.

The Indians, who lead the AL Central by 11 1/2 games over Detroit http://www.seahawkscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-cody-barton-jersey , open a 10-game homestand before the All-Star break on Friday against Oakland.

No one will be happier to begin training camp than Travis Frederick. The Cowboys center missed all of last season while recovering from Guillain-Barré syndrome.“You don’t get to realize what you have until it’s gone, and you get a chance to evaluate that and get excited about what you do have,” Frederick said Thursday after arriving to training camp in Oxnard Gary Jennings Jr. Jersey , California. “Also, I gained a sense of peace about where I was. I am excited to take each day in and really savor the experience.”The four-time Pro Bowler did not have to start on the physically unable to perform list, but the Cowboys will work him back in slowly as he also is recovering from offseason shoulder and abdominal surgeries. “I feel really good about where I am at both of those items http://www.seahawkscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-phil-haynes-jersey ,” Frederick said, referring to his Guillain-Barré recovery and his post-surgery rehab. “Obviously, I was still limited in minicamp because of the shoulder Ugo Amadi Jersey , but again that was mostly precautionary, so lifting and running and all the drills I’ve been doing all summer has felt good. I’ve said it for a long time: We won’t know until we put the pads on and see how it goes.”The next step is participating in team drills. Then, it’s returning to All-Pro form.“For me this year http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-drew-sample-jersey , I just feel very at ease knowing I’ve been through what I have and all I have to do now is play football,” Frederick said.