CTSamurai Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Washington Redskins are accustome
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:09 am 

Colt McCoy is done for the year with a broken right leg Hakeem Butler Jersey , the same fate as his predecessor, Alex Smith.Mark Sanchez now has his shot to morph from stay-at-home dad to stretch-drive starter.“Your heart definitely breaks for them,” Sanchez said. “They’re great competitors and great people. You never want it under those circumstances.”The Redskins have tasked Sanchez with keeping the Redskins afloat in the NFC playoff picture after McCoy suffered a fractured fibula in his right leg in the first half of their 28-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.McCoy ran to avoid a sack and tried to slide as the Eagles defense rushed toward him. McCoy’ planted his right leg into the turf and the lower part of the leg and ankle viciously whipped into safety Malcolm Jenkins’ knee.The Redskins know a thing or two about serious injuries to quarterbacks — McCoy got his chance because Smith suffered a broken right leg just weeks ago that has threatened his career.“We have to get a plan ready for Mark moving forward,” coach Jay Gruden said. “We’ve got to play great football around him which we didn’t do tonight.”McCoy stayed in the game and completed two short passes before limping off with the Redskins trailing 7-3 to the Super Bowl champion Eagles (6-6). He made his second straight start since Smith was knocked out with a gruesome season-ending leg injury last month against Houston. McCoy helped Washington score a pair of TDs, including a 9-yard TD pass on the backup’s first pass in a regular-season game since 2015.His start in the Thanksgiving game against Dallas was his first since 2014 and he won’t get another one this year. McCoy, who started for Cleveland and San Francisco earlier in his career, had appeared in nine games over the last three-plus seasons with Washington, until Smith was injured.Sanchez was the lone QB left on Washington’s roster and finished 13 of 21 for 100 yards. He was sacked twice and threw an interception in the fourth with the Redskins trailing 22-13 that snuffed a rally.Sanchez, signed two weeks ago, played for the first time since Jan. 1, 2017, when he was with Dallas.“I was at home with my son who just turned two Chris Lindstrom Jersey , who better be in bed, just praying for this opportunity,” Sanchez said.On his first snap, he handed the ball to Adrian Peterson, who raced 90 yards for a touchdown. The 33-year-old Peterson had the longest rushing TD of his career, the longest rushing score in Redskins’ history and he became the oldest player in NFL history with a 90-yard rushing touchdown.“It’s been tough, but the one thing I like is how our guys respond,” Peterson said.Sanchez was once the franchise quarterback for the New York Jets and led them to the AFC championship game his first two seasons in the NFL. Sanchez was the fifth overall pick in the 2009 draft and drew comparisons to Joe Namath in New York. He was 4-2 in the postseason and helped the Jets beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in consecutive road playoff games in January 2011. But Sanchez had an NFL-leading 52 turnovers in 2012-13 and lost his starting job to Geno Smith. He spent two seasons with the Eagles and one with the Cowboys.The lasting image of his time with the Jets came in 2012, when he fumbled after running into the backside of guard Brandon Moore. It was returned for a touchdown by New England’s Steve Gregory in front of a national television audience on Thanksgiving night and was infamously labeled “The Butt Fumble.”Sanchez lost a fumble against the Eagles and actually saved the ball by pressing it against his rear end.Sanchez was the pick to sign over Kellen Clemens, Josh Johnson, T.J. Yates and EJ Manuel because of his experience and success in the NFL. All five worked out at the team’s facility after Smith was injured, and quality veteran QBs are in low supply.Of course http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/kaleb-mcgary-jersey , former 49ers star Colin Kaepernick is still home unsigned and waiting for a resolution on his grievance against the league. There was an outcry of support on social media for the Redskins to at least bring in Kaepernick for a tryout.“Mark Sanchez is playing QB on Monday Night Football and @Kaepernick7 is sitting at home. Think about that,” disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong tweeted.The Redskins could use a QB and PR boost after they claimed linebacker Reuben Foster off waivers after he was released by the San Francisco 49ers following a domestic violence arrest. He remains on the commissioner’s exempt list and is facing league suspension. BALTIMORE (AP)The Baltimore Ravens fully understand the ramifications of Sunday’s regular-season finale against Cincinnati. ”It pretty much lets us know if we’re going to be on the couch next week or on the field,” Ravens tackle Brandon Williams said. ”Definitely don’t want to be on the couch.” Beat or tie the Bengals (6-9), and the Ravens (9-6) end a two-year hiatus from the postseason. Lose, and Baltimore will need help (a loss or tie by either Buffalo or Tennessee) to get in. So, the plan for the Ravens is to take care of business themselves. ”This is the most important game for us this season,” tight end Benjamin Watson said.”We understand the urgency of it.” This could be the final game for Marvin Lewis as Cincinnati’s head coach, now in his 15th season with the Bengals. Lewis brushed aside reports that he’s preparing to move on, insisting that his future is secondary to guiding Cincinnati to an upset. ”I’m not going to reflect if this is my last game or not,” Lewis said. ”You never know when the last game is, so I don’t do any reflection.” His players aren’t sure what to expect. ”We don’t have enough validation as to whether or not that’s true. It’s all speculation,” defensive end Carlos Dunlap said. ”Come the new year Kendall Sheffield Jersey , it may be a new year. But right now we’re going to prepare for the Ravens as if we were playing in Week One.” Ah, Week One. This game is a rematch of the season opener, when the Ravens set the tone for Cincinnati’s season in a 20-0 rout. — Some things to know about the Bengals-Ravens game: LOOKING BACK: Lewis usually deflects questions about returning to Baltimore, but on this occasion he reflected on his time with the Ravens as a defensive coordinator from 1996-2001. ”I have incredible memories,” Lewis said. ”Obviously, with the franchise moving there in 1996 and the things that we were able to do.” Lewis earned a Super Bowl ring with the 2000 Ravens. He has enjoyed a good run with Cincinnati, and was asked if his players might want to send him out on a high note. ”I don’t know where they are sending me to,” Lewis said coyly. ”They want to send themselves out with a high note.” JUST CHILL: The temperature could be in the single digits, and the Ravens aren’t looking forward to it. ”If anybody tells you that they don’t think about it, they are lying,” Watson said. ”They are trying to be the `tough football player.’ We definitely think about it, but I will tell you http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/john-cominsky-jersey , it is one of those things where you know what it is going to be this time of year.” Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said: ”I would rather play in 65 degrees and sunny, but it is what it is.” Flacco has thrown eight touchdowns and only two interceptions over the past six games. Baltimore is 5-1 during that span. SHOWING UP: The Bengals gave two uninspired performances in 33-7 and 34-7 losses to the Bears and Vikings before rebounding last week with a 26-17 win over the Lions. That seemingly ended the questions about whether they’d packed it in during their second straight losing season. ”We’re confident right now because the last few weeks had been pretty rough, almost demoralizing,” safety George Iloka said. ”When you start losing by 20 points, 30 points, it’ll do something to you as a player. But I’m happy how we responded last week. I’d say right now, we’re confident.” SUGGS APPRECIATION: It’s been a heck of a season for 35-year-old Terrell Suggs, who has 11 sacks for a Baltimore team that leads the NFL with 33 takeaways. ”Obviously, there is no one that has seen Terrell more than I have, literally, since his pro day at Arizona State,” Lewis said. ”A physical linebacker Qadree Ollison Jersey , defensive end, whatever you want to call it. He just produces year-in and year-out.” Williams said: ”When you look at the outside linebacker position, that’s the first person you think of. He’s an X-factor. As long as he’s there, you have a chance. It’s great to have him. Hopefully he has many more years to go.” LINE SHUFFLE: The Bengals have lost left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi and right tackle Andre Smith, forcing them to improvise for the last two games of the season. Against the Lions, they moved left guard Clint Boling to tackle – he hadn’t played there since college – and gave second-year guard Christian Westerman his first NFL start. The combination worked well, but it should be tougher against Suggs and the Ravens. — AP Sports Writer Joe Kay in Cincinnati contributed to this story. —