Main Healer

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Dave

Main Healer

Post by Dave »

I must admit, I'm not always the best when it comes to searching for things; I've spent a good hour looking for an addon that does something very simple and very specific but haven't found anything at all. So I'm wondering if any of you have found something that does what I'm looking for, or even in an extreme case of boredom, are willing to write it.

What I'm looking for is an addon that will allow a raid leader to go to the default Raid tab in the Social window, and assign healers by right clicking a name and selecting 'Main Healer', just like you can with the default UI with assigning main tanks and promoting assistants (as shown below).

I'm not even sure why I want this addon considering I'm not a raid leader, and when it comes to PuGs I usually join them rather than start them. It's just something I thought about earlier in the week when I joined a PuG for the weekly raid quest. The raid leader (as many PuG raid leaders do) asked the healers to type '123'. I can only assume (or hope) that when the raid leader invited people, they at least told him beforehand what role they can fill, and that with all the spamming /trade, he'd just forgotten where he was up to. It made me realise that it would make things so much easier if no one ever had to ask healers to type '123', and instead could just refer to the raid tab where they should have already assigned the role to the healers.
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)