We won the Drakes \o/

Find out here about what's going on in the world of the CTSamurai.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Septih
Rick Roller

Re: We won the Drakes \o/

Post by Septih »

Seems people like to vent...

From what I can tell, there was some incident/conversation on monday night when Suzi showed up. Regardless of who started it or who was in the wrong, it's still rather stupid to post anything here afterwards without knowing that it would be flamebait. I don't know about flaunting 25 man drakes, that might be reading a bit much into the whole thing...

Anyway, everything that's followed is stuff that I'm sure's been brewing for ages and it's really nothing new and all a bit pointless. I only wish the well dones could be seperated from the arguments so that I could split this into a bitch thread and let you all go nuts.
Yasu

Post by Yasu »

Beckie wrote:Suzi has a valid point questioning why so few of the group got the drakes but unfortunatly the reaction was entirely enevitable. Hey I even thought it was odd enough to browse through achivements and activity feeds on the armory trying to work out why some people hadnt got them, particually the two I found (Yasu and Stainomo) who were only missing one achivement each. Buy hey you might of had a last second Portal Jockey and full house fail on the way to the LK. However I dont (didnt) have a death wish to mutter those things in this thread.
In my case, we could've gotten Portal Jockey for me last week, but we ended up failing a portal and I said GO 'kill' her! :)

And if you would've asked in a normal manner I would've replied normally aswell. <3
Yasu, Yaeria, Quendi, Ports, Bearlylegal, Daedryn (CTS) Yukimura, Raene, Akiyama(Chancres) - Neptulon
Tayaka - Wildhammer
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Just a few things, Suzi:
  1. This is not a public forum, this is a private forum. Privately owned and privately run, for the purpose of providing somewhere out-of-game for members, ex-members and potential recruits of CTSamurai to communicate. That's why you have to register in order to post, and why if we chose to do so we could disable your account and ban your IP address. Never make the mistake of thinking you have an intrinsic right to post here - you don't.
  2. I don't know of a single person in the raid who is bitter that they have to wait another week (or more) to get their drake. I was in that raid and I'm sure as hell not. We're a team, we're friends, and as far as I'm concerned who gets there first is of little consequence - we'll all get there sooner or later. From what I can tell, the rest of the raid feels exactly the same way.
  3. For what it's worth, it wasn't even our intention to go for the drakes in that raid. It was an accident brought about by us not realising we needed to down the wing bosses on Heroic to get to attempt the Lich King on Heroic. We were planning on getting the "Bane of the Fallen King" title this week (which I think we all would have got) and going for drakes next week, but it ended up being a choice between some people getting drakes this week and us just abandoning the raid completely. We chose the drakes. In fact it was my suggestion to go for the drakes, despite knowing I didn't have all the other achievements.
  4. If you didn't want conflict you wouldn't have "considered your wording more carefully", you just wouldn't have posted at all. I don't think any of the posts so far have supported your claim that you didn't mean to cause trouble, not even those from people who don't actively dislike you. You're not nearly as subtle as you think you are.
It's pretty obvious that you have a problem with what happened. I think it's also pretty obvious that the rest of the people in the raid don't. I'm not interested in your little vendettas against members of this Guild. Personally, I'd prefer not to see any more of your snide comments on our forums but I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually capable of restraining yourself.

And since so far I've only said it in raid chat, not in this thread - congratulations to everyone on their drakes, and I look forward to joining you on one soon. :)
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Commando wrote:We were planning on getting the "Bane of the Fallen King" title this week (which I think we all would have got)
Did you have some tries at this last week? I'd be interested to know how hard the differences are and how far you got. From what I could tell the major annoyance is the large amount more health that he has but with the buffs that probably isn't too much of an issue.
Animma

Post by Animma »

Greentitch wrote:
Commando wrote:We were planning on getting the "Bane of the Fallen King" title this week (which I think we all would have got)
Did you have some tries at this last week? I'd be interested to know how hard the differences are and how far you got. From what I could tell the major annoyance is the large amount more health that he has but with the buffs that probably isn't too much of an issue.
Foiled by our lack of realising we needed to kill the end wing bosses on the same save, unsurprisingly we skipped sindy heroic :roll:
The increased health does seem to be a big issue when you add in the raid wide soul harvests, massive loss of damage there. Infest seems to be another big one, hitting for massively more damage, but I guess with 2 divine guardians and a disc priest we can soften that quite a little. Will be interesting to see how it goes when we get round to trying it!
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Ahh I assumed from Ian's comment that you almost had him down :( Got my hopes up a bit. Good luck when you finally get around to it again. Killing Sindy on hard mode is probably half the work. I don't think that's ever going to be nice until the buffs get silly.
Animma

Post by Animma »

Ian's just very confident :D
Suzi

Post by Suzi »

Commando wrote:
I don't know of a single person in the raid who is bitter that they have to wait another week (or more) to get their drake. I was in that raid and I'm sure as hell not. We're a team, we're friends, and as far as I'm concerned who gets there first is of little consequence - we'll all get there sooner or later. From what I can tell, the rest of the raid feels exactly the same way.
My issue wasn't that the whole raid was bitter about it. I wasn't suggesting that, just that orubes priorities had changed.. Which leads on to..
Commando wrote: For what it's worth, it wasn't even our intention to go for the drakes in that raid. It was an accident brought about by us not realising we needed to down the wing bosses on Heroic to get to attempt the Lich King on Heroic. We were planning on getting the "Bane of the Fallen King" title this week (which I think we all would have got) and going for drakes next week, but it ended up being a choice between some people getting drakes this week and us just abandoning the raid completely. We chose the drakes. In fact it was my suggestion to go for the drakes, despite knowing I didn't have all the other achievements.
And that's completley fair enough. If that had been said right at the start in the first reply to what i'd said, this entire thing wouldn't have happened. Thats a perfectly good reason, and it's said in a decent way. But that wasn't what happened at all, instead of just saying "oh, nah it's not like that, this is how it went down:.. " he exploded, and then just because of that rage post it's been turned into a huge bunch of drama that was never needed or intended. I don't think it's unreasonable to point things like that out though given how big an issue the ulduar thing was at the time. I do think it's unreasonable to reply to that with swearing and insults. And then a page later it's turned around and you're saying i'm the one unable to restrain myself when it was never me that exploded about this in the first place. It's really easy to come along afterwards and see that someones gotten mad, and just assume with the benefit of hindsight that what was said originally was placed there just to try and cause an argument. Actually just imagine how much differently this would have gone down if dave never made that rage post, and had just said what you've said in the paragraph quoted above. There would be nobody getting angry, no name calling, no drama. Nothing. So why am I to blame for it?
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

Some inside info to confirm, underline some of the points made here:

- we intended to go for LK HM this week, we failed because we did Sindy easy

- this group only got to a more restricted setup in the last 3-4 resets (I can't believe I raided with Orube and Noodle since the start so constantly, I remember getting in the "2nd" groups at the start of ICC raiding, but that 2nd group had so many different tanks, dps rotating) so people are on different stages of the achievement mostly because after hard modes became farmable (15% buff) people chose them, and most of the achievements seem impossible to do at the same time

- only achieve we sort of avoided going for again was Full House :lol: (seriously though, as the hm is so easy and the drops nice, we went with the majority opinion of doing it hard each time, lately)

- we also failed two achieves this last reset which is a shame, one for Raeneid (and Ian?) getting bitten at DQL and one portal jockey for Yasu

- even if we raided together each week after Aeon joined us, we had to extend the raids or do some clearing of the easy bosses with whoever was available, as Monday evening seems to be the only time we can raid with in the standard setup, so we really hadn't had so many chances of getting everybody up to speed
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Suzi wrote:If that had been said right at the start in the first reply to what i'd said, this entire thing wouldn't have happened.
Also, if you'd not posted what you posted in the first place, this entire thing wouldn't have happened. There were 8 other people in those Ulduar raids and of all of them, you're the only person who thought this was enough of an issue to post a snide comment about it.

Yes, Dave's post was less than polite, but I think anyone who knows Dave also knows he's not the kind of person to explode for no good reason. He's not a volatile person by nature. The very fact that your comment provoked such a reaction from him just goes to show how good you are at pushing people's buttons. Congratulations.

You can't point at Dave's reaction and say "See that? That's what caused this mess". You knew your comment would provoke a strong reaction, because you're not stupid. You're many things, but stupid is not one of them. I know you're trying to wash your hands of the whole situation and act the innocent victim here, but you fool nobody. Dave has accepted his share of the responsibility - try accepting yours.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Feetnibbler

Post by Feetnibbler »

Congratulations on drakes to those who have them now, and a pre grats to those getting them this week (hopefully me included!).

:)
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

Suzi wrote: So yes, it may have been a loaded statement, but it's not like i'm making things up, i'm just saying what I see to kap, who brought up that there was unfortunate people who missed out.
I'd say you were reading a bit into it. Expressing any other thought than " I'm hungry " is hard enough for me, let alone to imply all o' that!
Suzi wrote: Since people are apparently argument savvy enough to have divined my motives based on two lines of text, then one would assume that they're argument savvy not to rise to what is 'so clearly' flamebait?
You'd think so, wouldn't you? :P

Now if only there had been some popcorn to go with this thread.
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Commando wrote:
Suzi wrote:If that had been said right at the start in the first reply to what i'd said, this entire thing wouldn't have happened.
Also, if you'd not posted what you posted in the first place, this entire thing wouldn't have happened. There were 8 other people in those Ulduar raids and of all of them, you're the only person who thought this was enough of an issue to post a snide comment about it.

Yes, Dave's post was less than polite, but I think anyone who knows Dave also knows he's not the kind of person to explode for no good reason. He's not a volatile person by nature. The very fact that your comment provoked such a reaction from him just goes to show how good you are at pushing people's buttons. Congratulations.

You can't point at Dave's reaction and say "See that? That's what caused this mess". You knew your comment would provoke a strong reaction, because you're not stupid. You're many things, but stupid is not one of them. I know you're trying to wash your hands of the whole situation and act the innocent victim here, but you fool nobody. Dave has accepted his share of the responsibility - try accepting yours.
dammit comm, you still seem to have those mad skills when it comes to explaining something so perfectly. I envy that :(
Yasu

Post by Yasu »

Nonplus wrote:- we intended to go for LK HM this week, we failed because we did Sindy easy
You obviously are not aware there isn't a Sindy easy.

It's either
Sindy hard
Sindy (#!**)*)$ annoying (achievement)
or Sindy extra hardlulz.
Yasu, Yaeria, Quendi, Ports, Bearlylegal, Daedryn (CTS) Yukimura, Raene, Akiyama(Chancres) - Neptulon
Tayaka - Wildhammer
ibuprofen

Post by ibuprofen »

never got around to saying gz... so here it is,
GZ guys....
If in a group of four stalwart champions of the light, and thou shouldst encounter a shaman, flee, for thou art heavily outnumbered.

Call me Tim, thats my name.