Patch 4.2 Progress (Firelands) - 7/7 Normal 6/7 Heroic

Find out here about what's going on in the world of the CTSamurai.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Septih
Rick Roller

Re: Patch 4.2 Progress (Firelands) - 6/7 Normal

Post by Septih »

Any reason the kill times are 1 hour behind? :P
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Hmm, they are probably BST time rather than Server time. Ill update it.
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

FragZero

Post by FragZero »

I won't allow any Ragnaros killing tonight! Extend the lockout and kill him tomorrow? :D

I'll be so far behind when i get back from my holiday. I'll have to get myself the wow remote app so i can atleast chat!
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Looking at the fight, I think there is a bit to learn before killing him. But then I thought the same about Majordomo. The fights are often not as complicated as they first seem. I think mainly because there can be a lot of mechanics which get tasked and spread out around the raid, so each person need not always be aware of another part of the fight being dealt with.

It is absolutely not worth extending a lockout as the loot is valuable and useful at present. There would be an outrage frag :D

Nevertheless, I think it is going to be about practice, and we will get it. I notice that there are quite a few guilds on our realm who have been on 6/7 for quite a while. Implies it is more difficult than it seems.
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

This is a good strat to have a look at for rag. Mainly for positioning I think.

Link

ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

I suppose it depends if you wanted to read up strats for the new fights ;)
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Most of it comes from the dungeon journal now anyway. In fact we pretty much abandoned stuff we'd read on these last two bosses because we found other tactics worked better for us. It's not a case of read->implement.
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Nice easy clear of the first 5 bosses last night. Good work guys.

Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Re: Patch 4.2 Progress (Firelands) - 7/7 Normal

Post by Getslaven »

Big GZ on the kill yesterday. Off course my family had to shackle me when I was going for the computer :)

/The Goat Slave
Fatherjohn
Shogun

Re: Patch 4.2 Progress (Firelands) - 7/7 Normal 1/7 Heroic

Post by Fatherjohn »

Sooo after all the talk we finally got back to 25 man raiding in CTS and we got a couple of boss kills to show for it! Managed a 22 man kill on Shannox and a 24 man kill on Beth'thiac! Not a bad start at all!

Gj everyone and hopefully we can get consistant signs in the weeks to come for more progress!