So, who has a horde they wish could play in CTS?

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Septih
Rick Roller

Re: So, who has a horde they wish could play in CTS?

Post by Septih »

pff, forget axe spec, female orc dw looks awesome :P
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Commando wrote:So all min-maxing Horde Enhancement Shamans who didn't already pick Orc (of which there are surely billions!) now become Orcs. And all Alliance Druids are Night Elves. I fail to see quite where the problem is, frankly. :P
Oh I don't know if there's a problem. Was just saying that plenty of people do care about racials :)
cronulus

Post by cronulus »

Greentitch wrote:Dorf priests anyone?
I don't think the idea of a dwarf priest is as bad as it sounds since there's dwarf paladins who also occupy themselves with doing holy stuff. :D A warlock or mage dwarf would be completely wrong I agree!

Actually if it wasn't set in WC lore I'd also think orc warlocks are really wrong.. Orcs were/are obsessed by brutality and blinded by going at war but ended up being slightly more intelligent and shamanistic when left alone by the big bad guy (whatever he's called again). So somehow I didn't really see warlocks fit in there but Blizzard did it anyway... :)
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)
tomas

Post by tomas »

cronulus wrote:
Greentitch wrote:Dorf priests anyone?
I don't think the idea of a dwarf priest is as bad as it sounds since there's dwarf paladins who also occupy themselves with doing holy stuff. :D A warlock or mage dwarf would be completely wrong I agree!
I'm pretty sure his point was that it used to be that every Min/Maxing Alliance priest would be a Dwarf, since Dwarves got access to Fear Ward.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

And I'm guessing the whole Orc Warlock thing was simply another result of the demonic influence. After all, the idea of the Burning Legion was to turn the Orcs into a race that would fight wars for them, so it makes perfect sense that, after the corruption, some would become Warlocks.

Maybe now that the corruption is gone, some of them have decided that being able to command and control demons comes in handy sometimes. Or maybe they're just doing it to annoy the Legion - who are, after all, demons. ;)
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
tomas

Post by tomas »

Commando wrote:And I'm guessing the whole Orc Warlock thing was simply another result of the demonic influence. After all, the idea of the Burning Legion was to turn the Orcs into a race that would fight wars for them, so it makes perfect sense that, after the corruption, some would become Warlocks.
Wasn't Gul'Dan or whatever his name was, a Warlock?
cronulus

Post by cronulus »

tomas wrote:I'm pretty sure his point was that it used to be that every Min/Maxing Alliance priest would be a Dwarf, since Dwarves got access to Fear Ward.
Aaah ok. True. Forgot about that. But still I could still understand why someone would find dwarf priests to be kinda odd. :P Allthough all dwarfs are incredibly intelligent. 8)
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

tomas wrote:Wasn't Gul'Dan or whatever his name was, a Warlock?
He was originally a Shaman. He only became a Warlock because of Kil'jaeden's influence.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

cronulus wrote:Aaah ok. True. Forgot about that. But still I could still understand why someone would find dwarf priests to be kinda odd. :P Allthough all dwarfs are incredibly intelligent. 8)
In typical fantasy, priests are wise not intelligent (there is a difference). Dwarfs are also considered very wise (due to their age) but of average intellengence. Dwarves and Religion however tends to depend on what fantasy setting you are in; some of them have Dwarf gods, some of them Dwarves don't believe in that kinda thing (preferring to put their trust in sensible stuff like rocks).
tomas

Post by tomas »

Commando wrote:
tomas wrote:Wasn't Gul'Dan or whatever his name was, a Warlock?
He was originally a Shaman. He only became a Warlock because of Kil'jaeden's influence.
So Yes.

Haxing bastard, Classing changing isn't in the game :/
P3mby

Post by P3mby »

Jazm wrote:although if i remeber correctly there are like 3 month limits on quite a few other services...
This was reduced to 1 month a while back, or at least it was for character realm transfers.
OBEY THE TUBE!

It is never too late \o/
Roper

Post by Roper »

I didn't roll a dwarf for fear ward, didn't even know what fear ward was! :)
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
Jazm

Post by Jazm »

P3mby wrote:This was reduced to 1 month a while back, or at least it was for character realm transfers.
I can never remember :D I think for name changes is still locks out your old name for 3months.. not totally sure though.

also they have some Q&A up about the feature now:

Blizzard wrote:Due to the many questions that have come up with the announcement of this new service, we wanted to take the time to answer the ones we can at this point in time.

Q. Will we be able to switch between the races on our own faction?
A. No. Players will only be able to switch to a race of the opposite faction.

Q. Will I be able to choose the race on the opposite faction that I want to change to?
A. Yes, but you will only be able to switch to a race that has your class type available to it. So if you play a human paladin, you’d only be able to change to a blood elf paladin.

Q. How much will it cost?
A. We do not have further information on this at this point in time.

Q. Will I be able to switch back to my original faction but a different race?
A. No. You will only be able to switch back to your originally chosen race.

Q. How will the switch between reputation, gear, mounts, etc be handled?
A. We’ll have more details for you at a later point in time, though we plan to keep these as close to a reflection of the other faction as much as possible.

Q. How often can you change your faction?
A. We do not have any information to share on this at this point in time, however we will have restrictions on the frequency by which players can change their faction.

Q. How will this affect the balance of Horde and Alliance on the realms?
A. We are taking great care in how we implement this new service in order to maintain balance between the factions on the realms but do not have any further details to share.
candypants

Post by candypants »

When i first started playin wow back in the day i picked classes/races cos i liked the way they looked... didnt have a clue what racial meant back then.

But like when i rerolled horde i started to pick certain classes for racial benefits cos i understood that they cud improve their playability by making a few little things easier. So like i think for ppl that are similar, and have a race/class choice where it wudnt b as smart as another (like havin a dwarf priest over a human), they may change their race then... but for characters made with racials already in mind, i dont think race change wud bother them much.

Ron Jeremy for President!
Hadoüken Wargäsm Nymesis Vorok Stupïd Lilthor Beoir Otsego Danzïg Dorchadas Wonderßoy
tomas

Post by tomas »

What is it with you and Ian having sigs that require me to scroll? :/

Fair enough i've not got this on full screen at work... but it's still annoying!