Redhaze - warlock (80) [A]

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

patthedog

Redhaze - warlock (80) [A]

Post by patthedog »

About you

About me:
Hmm.

The brief is, to write something interesting to people who play warcraft for a friendly guild.
In English. Interesting…….Interesting? Well then English is Ok, I have spell checker. Just a warning that I don’t multi task well, so If I’m playing, I tend to do only that until the boss is over, then squawk back.

I’m 58, and the mother of a rather erratic mage (luv u sweetie) known to you as faery and the wife of a bloke who doesn’t understand us, but pays for the game cards. In return I try and talk to him when he comes home from work with big Pharma and cook him something edible. That means I’m generally out of circulation from 18-21hours.

I have a degree in microbiology, and few other related bits and pieces. My first job I grew plague, cholera, anthrax, botulism and some other lovely bugs. The local fire brigade had orders to put kerosene on our building rather than to put it out if it caught fire, as it would be safer for the people around us, it would kill most of the deadly bacteria. My second job I worked for a firm to check that there were enough antibiotics in their creams and stuff to kill the above bacteria. Neither job was particularly interesting, but had its moments of fear and high drama like my friend running out of the lab screaming that she had a paper cut from the forms when working on an untreatable disease. She survived.

Later on I took a job teaching chemistry in high school, and all the explosions were deliberate, I assure you. Now in between the housework and running a charity for people with a chronic leukaemia, I play wow and badger the UK government to bring their available drug policy out of the dark ages, leeches are so last century.

I tend to get a bit tired, and that is when I stop playing anything challenging and go fishing. If I ninja something in a raid, tell me, it is a mistake. And yes I will put it back.

My ‘lock has alchemy which is much simpler than chemistry, the drood has leatherworking but not the icc recipes. Happy with alt runs or to hold a space, I study the you tube stuff when told what we are attempting. I only do dps.

About us

In CTS i know, a warlock who my daughter insists is called Ian, a guy from the Netherlands known to you as Yasu, and Lefti who I know no longer plays WoW very often. I have overheard raids from my daughters bedroom and I have been told that this is a very social guild which I think my playing style should (hopefully) be suitable with. My current guild is starting to become very serious with raiding and what with my other commitments I am unable to take part. I have also talked to a number of your members who have always been very helpful in game with my very noobish questions.

About your character

Name: Redhaze
Level: 80
Class: dps
Spec: Destro?

I enjoy playing dps classes as this requires a slightly slower reaction time and a smaller chance of being blamed for failure... I chose this spec because I was advised this was the right spec to use however the patch has confused me greatly and it will be changed shortly (I have been informed this by my daughter)
I also have an 80 druid (moonkin) called Ceridwena and many other alts used as bank characters, as well as some horde characters on another realm.

Final thoughts

I like to make gold and am frequently asked by randoms if I am a Chinese gold farmer.. My dps may not be the best but my gold making skills are far better than average.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application.
faery
Mage and Druid Class Leader

Re: Redhaze - warlock (80)

Post by faery »

I was not forced to say this in any way shape or form... :p lol

I can safely say I know this person very well and although her skills may be lacking she always tries hard and means well... I don't know what else to say really as I cannot prove I am unbiased in this case.. Redhaze is very active and is online most days and although she does not have much raiding experience always has many flasks and fish feasts.. (feesh is always good :p)

Ty all! I'm sure I'll talk to you soon!

~Faery~

P.S YAY PURPLE!!
Faerydust, Pixiedust, Glitterdust, /who dust...
Yasu

Post by Yasu »

Jane is a very kind woman, she's not the fastest, but certainly amongst the nicest.

I gives her a /thumbsup :)
Yasu, Yaeria, Quendi, Ports, Bearlylegal, Daedryn (CTS) Yukimura, Raene, Akiyama(Chancres) - Neptulon
Tayaka - Wildhammer
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

hey mom, I'm on teh internets!

Seriously though, the implications of this for faery are interesting and could be something to look forward to! ;)

Good luck in your app.

Ian does exist. Ian has a calendar that goes straight from March 31st to April 2. No one fools Ian. Also if Ian ever offers to read you a bedtime story, don't. When Ian reads a bedtime story you sleep forever.
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Nice application. Good luck!
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, smells like chicken and Ian says it's beef then it's beef.

I spoke to Redhaze/Jane a while back about some Warlock-related stuff and she seemed very willing to learn and interested in knowing how to play her character well. Also she sent me a big stack of Fish Feasts as a thank-you which I doled out in various raids, so you can probably already thank her for some of your own DPS. ;)

Unfortunately I'm going to be away for the weekend and will have limited online time until Sunday, but if you haven't had a chat with another Officer by the time I get back feel free to give me a shout.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

She lent me a game card in my hour of need, what more could you ask for? :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

I like this application! One of very few I've read that was actually interesting and witty. ;D I actually raided with Redhaze once, we went to TotC, I think it was not long before I left CTS to take a much-needed WoW-break. My memory is hazy (lol) nowadays, but I do remember the raid went smoothly, and there were an abundance of fish feasts!

Good luck with your application, though I get a funny feeling you won't be needing it. :)
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Ooooh, only posted 2 days ago, could be soo much worse with my slacking!

Pregnancy and togetherness don't seem to mix. Or maybe that's just me. :D

I'll try to look out for you and have a chat about the somewhat scary application (I hope I won't be getting chemical based letter bombs through the post if I deny it!) ;)
AKA: Dreamoness, Mischief, Whitewitch, Wabbsi and Nightbayne.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
accalia
Trouble maker

Re: Redhaze - warlock (80) [A]

Post by accalia »

Approved.
AKA: Dreamoness, Mischief, Whitewitch, Wabbsi and Nightbayne.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."