Signups - Game Four

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Titi

Re: Signups - Game Four

Post by Titi »

Greentitch wrote:One of the other things that makes the problem worse is the Mafia understandably kill of the people who are participating a lot. This however makes it pretty boring for everyone if the only people who are left alive are the quiet ones.
That was my point xD.
I like the new voting idea, lets give it a try.
Titi | Kiky | Cyrx | Bors | Beffy
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Well in the last game I participated quite a bit but didn't vote. (I was mostly stirring xD) I figured that was acceptable.

The complete non-participation of the people in the thread when they are signed up is not very nice though.

btw don't forget that the 'last online' might not necessarily be 100% true. e.g. at home I have CTS as my homepage, but load up firefox, then click one of my favourites that is not CTS. So it might register that I was on, but I didn't actually read anything...

*shrug* perhaps thats just me!

I think I'm in.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

ash wrote:Well in the last game I participated quite a bit but didn't vote. (I was mostly stirring xD) I figured that was acceptable.

The complete non-participation of the people in the thread when they are signed up is not very nice though.

btw don't forget that the 'last online' might not necessarily be 100% true. e.g. at home I have CTS as my homepage, but load up firefox, then click one of my favourites that is not CTS. So it might register that I was on, but I didn't actually read anything...

*shrug* perhaps thats just me!

I think I'm in.
I think that's fine ash.

I also disagree with using the last online as evidence against people. As annoying as it is that people have visited but might not have had time to participate. You should make time to join in or not sign up.
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Thing is voting patterns and behaviours form the basis of so many accusations. Without any votes to analyse people have to just pick random targets (which there is less likely to have a cocensious about) and if one person isnt voting then everyone else just thinks well they arnt getting attention because they arnt voting when Im getting accused because I had a vote on someone who was killed during the night I just wont vote too.. and the game kinda dies.

Can you use last online to show that someone has been around and had the oppertunity to log in and vote (if they felt like it).. ie there net hasnt been dead for 2 days and thats why they arnt here voting..?
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Smuigh
Hunter and Priest Class Leader

Post by Smuigh »

I'm in again
--- Smuigh ---
- Fayenia - Voen - Rhosyn - Zhaomian - Knuurv - Casurel - Eloza - Tydenn -
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

ash wrote:Well in the last game I participated quite a bit but didn't vote. (I was mostly stirring xD) I figured that was acceptable.

I think I'm in.
That's fine. I knew you were regularly checking the forums and were trying to prove the point that not saying much means you don't get voted :P The people that my posts are targeted at are Jesse and Frag really.
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

Sign me up!
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Sign me up!

I think the new voting mechanism is going to be fun :)
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Vecko wrote:I think the new voting mechanism is going to be fun :)
I'm hoping it doesn't have a massive effect on gameplay. It won't mean someone is always lynched. It will however mean that people who aren't active don't prevent the others from getting a lynch in.

And yay for Kap!

That's 10 people now so I'll leave the signup thread open until the other game finishes. At that point I'll send out PMs and so forth. More signups are welcome.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

As I'm busy tonight signups will be open until tomorrow morning. I'll then send out PMs etc. Around 10am GMT I expect. Please check the forums around that time and we'll get started tomorrow :)
Kryten

Post by Kryten »

Im in if it's still open. Also new rules sound pretty interesting. Hopefully make a better game
Kryten/Rimmer/Red Dwarf fanatic now forum lurker
Brechnar

Post by Brechnar »

I'm in for a new game. New voting rules sound promising :)
Raeneid

Post by Raeneid »

/sign

I have been lurking since game 2 since I missed the signup thread last time :(

I have read the rules and I am pretty sure I can post frequently!
Titi

Post by Titi »

welcome :p
Titi | Kiky | Cyrx | Bors | Beffy
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

That's 13 I think. Sorting out the game now. I'll have PMs out by 10am GMT I hope.