A New Dawn

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

A New Dawn

Post by ash »

When I log on tonight I will attempt to promote Devious, Stainomo and Fatherjohn to the rank of Senseii. Assuming that I have the access to do so (I think I do) Congrats and Commiserations to them, but let's see if we can get this show on the road.

Hopefully between all of the officers and Senseii, we can reinvigorate the guild and bring us back to full strength. I look forward to everyone's input and feedback to making some changes to our guild policies, hopefully enabling us to make the grade.

Hugs and pew pew to all.

Can I double check that the afore-mentioned also have authenticators? (my memory is terrible for this sort of thing) ;D

<3
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Re: A New Dawn

Post by Beckie »

You cannot promote someone to be the same rank as yourself. Ian will have to do it I belive - unless we have two Sensei ranks that I cant remember?! Although dont take me as final word. Havent been on wow in 6months..ish. Unless Ian has given you guild leader..?

And Gz!
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Fatherjohn
Shogun

Post by Fatherjohn »

Thanks for the promotion! (I guess? :P) Hopefully we can get some stuff sorted in terms of encouraging more guild activity. I have some ideas that I'll discuss with the others this weekend!
Brechnar

Post by Brechnar »

Congratulations and good luck!
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

As I settle into the next stage of life I can see myself hopefully getting more involved with the guild, not as dedicated as I was during Karazhan but not as useless and detrimental as I was during my uni days. ;-)
Juan

Post by Juan »

Weee, grats! :D
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Korruptor wrote:As I settle into the next stage of life I can see myself hopefully getting more involved with the guild, not as dedicated as I was during Karazhan but not as useless and detrimental as I was during my uni days. ;-)
you were dedicated during karazhan?
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

Septih wrote:
Korruptor wrote:As I settle into the next stage of life I can see myself hopefully getting more involved with the guild, not as dedicated as I was during Karazhan but not as useless and detrimental as I was during my uni days. ;-)
you were dedicated during karazhan?
Yes?
Quadrantid

Post by Quadrantid »

To our new insect overlords - bravo, congratulations, and please don't eat my brains!

The obvious important question, though, is where you stand on the matter of cake?

Good luck with the new role, and don't let it make your heads hurt too much :)
Since the dawn of time, man has yearned to destroy the Sun...
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Quadrantid wrote:To our new insect overlords - bravo, congratulations, and please don't eat my brains!

The obvious important question, though, is where you stand on the matter of cake?

Good luck with the new role, and don't let it make your heads hurt too much :)
The cake is a lie.

The embodiment of cake is not in the cake itself. Cake is delicious, but not satisfying without the experience that usually accompanies cake. When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it. Celebration with friends, the social interaction usually surrounding a joyous occasion. Without this interaction between the cake and the world, the cake would just be any other pastry. However, cake can be enjoyed by some but not by others in any social interaction. Each perspective is unique to each individual.

The cake is a lie.

A cake alone can be enjoyed, but not in the sense that cake should be.

As I walked down the coast, walking her hand in mine, my heart was filled, my mind content, and in that moment I was happy.

As I walked away from her, alone to my car, I knew the emotions experienced by being with her were untrue. Her thoughts and feelings were not mine.

The cake was delicious, the experience wonderful, but in the end, it was still just cake.
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!