Masks of Nyarlathotep

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

accalia
Trouble maker

Re: Masks of Nyarlathotep

Post by accalia »

"True, we might only know about this place from Jackson's stuff, but the men who killed him looked similar. They wore shabby suits, had similar headdresses and spoke jibberish from the same country. I admit they could be unrelated but I doubt it.

"I think we ought to wait and see what time they leave and see if they leave a guard so we know as much as possible in case we come back or inform the police."
AKA: Dreamoness, Mischief, Whitewitch, Wabbsi and Nightbayne.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William nods. "I think chalking up the similarity between the murderers and the men in that shop to coincidence would be stretching things a bit far.

"Let's wait for them to leave and see if anyone stays behind. I have a count of how many people arrived so if we count them heading out again we'll know if any have stayed behind. Unless anyone was in the shop before we arrived, of course." He shrugs. "I have a feeling those two 'homeless' men from yesterday may actually be guards left to watch the place overnight, though, which would make searching the place rather tricky."
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Are you all planning on staying here until the people in the shop begin to leave?
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

James is.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Same.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

The party settles down in the flat to wait for the men below to reappear from the shop. At around half past 2, the shop door opens and men begin to leave in small groups, heading back down the alleyway to the street. Carefully counting the men, you see all of those who entered (including the ones who were waiting outside) leave. Only Silas and the man he arrived with remain inside.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

About 5 minutes after the last small group, Silas and the unknown man come through the door. Silas locks the shop door behind him and the men head towards the alleyway.
From William's count it appears that nobody is left inside the shop and the courtyard below is empty.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William turns away from the window and sits down. "Well, that's the last of them as far as I can tell. The question is, what do we do now?

"I can't say I'm particularly fond of the idea of breaking in, especially given that we have no idea what they were actually doing down there. Unfortunately I can't see any other way of searching the place, so it may be our only option if we want a closer look at that chamber.

"We certainly could call the police, but the evidence is only circumstantial - no lawyer could prove that these men were involved in the murder of Mr Elias, and dancing around naked in a basement isn't a crime. I doubt the police would be able to do much, and having them all arrested is a bit much to hope for.

"Does anyone have any other suggestions?"
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

"I'd say break in now, this is the best chance we'll get"
Orube

Post by Orube »

Evelyn leans casually on the banister, staring down without really seeing anything.
"You know, as much as I hate to admit it I think James is right. If we want to find out more, we have to do something radical. If we don't, then we might as well go back home and wait for the big, masked men to come kill us in our sleep."
She takes another swig from the metal flask.
That, and I just really need to know what was going on in that cellar.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

"Sounds like we're in agreement then and that trying to break in is our next move here. Shall we go have a nosey down there then?"
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William nods, then pulls his overcoat back on. "So, does anyone happen to know how to pick locks? Or are we just planning on forcing the door or smashing the window?"
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

[I don't think anyone does iirc from the character sheets.]

"I don't, but I brought some rope, a crowbar, giant bolt clippers, and a set of lock pics amongst other things. we can go see how secure the place is and take it from there unless anyone has a good idea."
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William smiles. "How remarkably prepared you are. Let's go and see what we can find out then."

Taking the keys to the apartment, William opens the door and then closes and locks it once everyone is out, before heading down the street. Glancing around to see if anyone is around, he then heads down the alleyway to the courtyard and takes a good look at the door, trying to get an idea of how best to gain entry given the tools they have.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

The street is empty as the party leave the apartment building and head back down the alley.

The door is rather flimsy with a glass window in the top half. You could easily smash the glass or force the door. The lock looks standard enough but without any experience you have no idea if it could be picked easily or not.