Masks of Nyarlathotep

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Orube

Re: Masks of Nyarlathotep

Post by Orube »

[Oh yes, that makes sense. ]

Finding no torches, Evelyn frantically shines her torch around, looking for the lantern.
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

The lantern is hanging from the wall about half way to the stairs. It's just within reach for Evelyn.

It's a bit like this. You'd all be reasonably familiar with these lamps and know the flame is well protected but the fuel is stored in the bottom and can be poured out if needed.
Orube

Post by Orube »

"Riiiiight..." Evelyn swiftly returns to William with the object, eyeing it doubtfully. "What do you think?" She glances past the man to see if the zombies have any intention of attacking them.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Poppy heads towards the doorway her gaze flitting between William and the assailants.

"What do you mean things? They're human surely!

Poppy withdraws one of her handguns from her coat and aims it at the nearest of the two men.

"Hold it there buddy. Don't come any closer. Though I really do think you should identify yourselves and give us a chance to help you out. Those wounds are quite serious as I mentioned."

[I assumed my bag of tricks was left next to the doorway along with the crowbar we used to pry the hinges. Just in case someone wants a solid weapon to swing. Though if these are erm what I think they are, fire is usually the best method.]
AKA: Dreamoness, Mischief, Whitewitch, Wabbsi and Nightbayne.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

The gruesome figures continue their lurching towards the doorway. One now seems more interested in William while the other continues to reach towards Poppy. They are now only a couple of steps from the door.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

"Stop arguing and get back here before they kill you! You think humans could walk around in that state?"

Glancing briefly over his shoulder he nods at Evelyn. "Soak that coat in kerosene, we can make a torch out of it."

Focusing his attention back on the figures lurching towards the doorway he grips the baseball bat tightly and stands in the corridor just inside the left-hand edge of the doorway, ready to swing the bat at the one heading towards him once it gets close enough.

(My priority here is to keep them on the other side of the doorway, using the wall to shield myself and striking at them as they try to come through, buying enough time for Evelyn and James to come up with something more effective.)
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Poppy moves to the doorway, attempting to move inside the corridor behind William. While keeping her torch and gun aimed at the man closest to her.

"Oh my goodness, whatever is the matter with you all! Why aren't they saying anything? How can they look like that and be moving, it's impossible .... Wha, what do you mean not human.. they look human enough, though their guts do look to be in the wrong place.

"I meant what I said, don't come any closer or I'll be forced to shoot you."

Poppy takes careful aim at his kneecap and will fire if the impertinent man doesn't say anything in his defence or continues towards her(Or of course someone gets in the way or does an action that would make it pointless to do so.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Your assailants still don't seem all that talkative and move forward to attack.

Poppy fires her gun at the man on the right, hitting him in the knee and blasting a chunk of flesh clear of the bones. The man staggers slightly but lunges forward with surprising speed, sinking his teeth into Poppy's forearm before she can withdraw it fully. The wound isn't very deep and Poppy pulls her arm free.

William swings at the other man as he approaches, trying to force him back. As the baseball bat swings towards him the man catches it in one hand and wrenches it from William's hand. He swings it back towards William, handle first but only succeeds in hitting the frame of the missing door and discards it on the floor.

Meanwhile James finds a couple of long spears and some type of machete upstairs. The spears look sturdy but the points are dull, as is the blade of the machete. He heads back down the stairs with them.

Assuming here that Evelyn does what William suggested. Let me know if not!
Evelyn removes her coat and begins to pour the kerosene from the lantern over it. The smell of kerosene fills the corridor as it begins to soak into the coat. Unfortunately the process is a little slow and it will take a little longer before the coat is well covered in the highly flammable liquid.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

"Back, back! Everyone back up the stairs, quickly!"

William reaches down and grabs the bag of tools, then pushes Evelyn and Poppy towards the stairs and hurries them in that direction as fast as possible.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

"He bit me, the animal!"

Slightly shocked, Poppy tries her best to apply pressure to her wound with her hand whilst still holding her gun and torch and being manhandled by William.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

The animated corpses lunge at William and Poppy as they retreat but are too slow to strike. They follow jerkily along the corridor as William, Poppy and Evelyn head up the stairs, meeting James and his collection of weapons half way up.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

"Keep going, back up into the store!" Continuing to hurry Evelyn and Poppy up to the top of the stairs, William dumps the bag on the floor and grabs one of the spears from James. Turning around he points the spear down the stairway and aims it at the centre of the closest figure as it moves closer, holding it tightly and ready to jab it hard in the chest if it gets too close.

(My aim will be to try and keep them from coming up the stairs, hopefully having gravity on my side will help.)
Orube

Post by Orube »

Finally convinced the coat is soaked up enough in kerosene, Evelyn grabs one of the spears and stabs it into the coat, wrapping the fabric around it as tight as she can. Grabbing the matches, she hesitates a moment and looks at the others. "I'm ready to light this thing, might wanna get out of my way." She recalls clearly how this went last time and the nurse isn't too fond of the prospect of having to fight not one, but two of the walking dead yet again.
Her hand tenses around the torch, and she slowly shuffles towards the stairwell, figuring that she's better off attacking them before they get out of the narrow corridor.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

You can see the two figures reach the bottom of the stairs and slowly begin to climb them, struggling a little to lift their feet up each step.

There are other spears in the shop so don't feel there aren't enough to go around.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

[Anything log shaped we could push down the stairs to knock them down comedy stylee?]