Masks of Nyarlathotep

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Re: Masks of Nyarlathotep

Post by Greentitch »

The creature stumbles away from James and moves towards William.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

[Not sure where the spear is embedded in the creature] James will try and grab it or if it's inaccessible then look to see if another weapon from earlier is around that would do sufficient damage (considering the spear hasn't yet!)
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William readies his baseball bat, keeping as much of his body behind the frame of the door as possible while still having room to swing at the figure if it gets within range.

(William will wait for the creature to get close enough, and if it does he'll swing the bat aiming for the head, then get ready to block any attack that it makes against him. If it manages to grab the bat or disarm him he'll move backwards towards the tool bag.)
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Poppy unwillingly ventures back down the stairs(assuming ofc that there is nothing left alight in the shop) and makes her way past the burnt corpse as quickly as possible, not wanting it to touch her if it lurches back into action.

"So you're sure burning these guys, things... is the only option ... right?"

Once in the room she will then try to stay to the edges and avoid the fight for the moment and grab some of the torches from their scones or whatever they're in and then attempt to light one with her lighter.

If this is successful she will offer the lit one to James or William before lighting another.
AKA: Dreamoness, Mischief, Whitewitch, Wabbsi and Nightbayne.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

(The zombie that's still wandering around is in the corridor, between the Poppy and the door into the larger room where the torches are, so you'd have to get past it to grab a torch. As far as I can remember there aren't any torches in the corridor.)

"You're welcome to try shooting them if you like, all we know is that burning them seems to work better than hitting them with sticks!"
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

[In my sleep deprived state I can't read anything correctly it seems! WTB a babysitter and wet nurse for 24 hours. :D]

"Shooting the other one didn't seem to achieve much. I'd rather gamble with getting past this monster and get the torches inside the room."

Poppy will wait till it's attention seems fully occupied with James or William and then attempt to get past them all into the room and proceed as above.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

James manages to pull the spear free of the corpse on the floor. The flames have died down and there isn't much left of the coat that was used as a wick.

As the creature approaches William he swings at it with his bat. The creature moves out of the way before it strikes but is unable to reach William through the doorway.

Poppy dodges around the creature and leaps past it into the room. She grabs a torch from the nearest alcove and tries to light it.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William stays tucked around the edge of the door, holding the bat tightly, trying to look menacing enough to keep the figure's attention without making himself too easy of a target.

(William will try to block any attack made at him using the bat, but will not attempt to attack the zombie himself unless it either tries to get through the doorway or turns to face James. If either of those happens he'll try and swing at the zombie's head. If at any point he loses the bat he'll move backwards into the room and try and find the crowbar or some other suitable weapon in the toolbag.)
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

James just ra... stabs for a while...
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

William and the creature swing ineffectually at each other. However James manages to stick the spear through the creatures back, piercing through it's stomach on the other side. Some intestines burst from the wound. The creature moans but doesn't fall.

Meanwhile Poppy manages to get the torch lit and the growing flames illuminate the dark chamber.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Poppy takes a second torch and gets it going with the first before offering it to the others.

"So who wants this first torch?"
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

James tries to use the spear to control the creatures movement, hopefully allowing one of his colleagues easy access to do some damage.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William takes a step back from the doorway to take the burning torch from Poppy and drops the baseball bat on the floor. Gripping it tightly in both hands and brandishing it in front of him he takes a step forwards again and thrusts it towards the figure's chest, trying to set it alight.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

James finds he simply doesn't have the strength to control what the creature is doing. However as the creature moves after William more of it's flesh is ripped by the spear as James holds on as tightly as he can.

William thrusts his torch at the creature, burning it's chest badly and causing it to lash out at him. Luckily it can't reach William before the flames catch and the creature collapses to the floor; the battering, impaling and burning it has suffered becoming too much.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

"High Five!"*

*First documented use in history...