Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

Find out here about what's going on in the world of the CTSamurai.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

Post by Commando »

Some of you with better memories may remember that a while ago I asked for applications for the vacant Class Lead positions. Well, it's taken a little longer than I expected it to, but I'm finally ready to confirm the changes in the Guild that those applications have brought about.

So, without further ado, I'd like to present to you your new Class Leads:

Greentitch will be taking up the Mage Class Lead position.
Handiest will be taking up the Paladin Class Lead position.
Horki will be taking up the Warlock Class Lead position.
Galain will be taking up the Warrior Class Lead position.

All of the above will be promoted to Master Samurai as part of their new positions. In addition, Tomas will be stepping down as a Sensei to the position of Master Samurai and will act as Shaman Class Lead.

I'm certain all of the new Class Leads will do a superb job, so congratulate them next time you see them and don't be too hard on them as they learn their new role in the Guild. :)

There are a few other changes as well. Xpolsiv will be stepping down as Warrior Class Lead and remain a Master Samurai, and Hawk (or Motorbike, as he's probably better known now) will be stepping down as a Sensei to become a Master Samurai again. Vecko will be stepping down as an officer to rejoin the ranks of the Samurai. And there's one more change to be made too.

Our Guild, the Cardboard Tube Samurai, has just turned 2 years old and we've been through a lot in that time. From casual gamers who occasionally joined UBRS pick-up-groups, through to Zul'Gurub, Molten Core and into Blackwing Lair, then on to The Burning Crusade, Karazhan, Gruul's Lair and into Serpentshrine Cavern. We've come a long way, and 2 years is a long time for anyone to lead a diverse group of people through a fun but difficult game.

I've enjoyed leading CTSamurai but after 2 years I've decided it's time to let someone else have a go at heading up this Guild. Someone who is dedicated, confident and who has more of a raiding mindset than I do, someone who can lead us better than I can as we try to work our way deeper into SSC.

So after reading that I'm sure it will come as no surprise to a lot of you that the person I'm handing over the title of Shogun to is Beckie. She knows much more than I do about raiding, especially the tougher side of raiding that I never really managed to get into, and she has the experience to back it up as well.

That's not to say that I'm stepping down entirely, though. The more observant of you might have noticed that there's no Druid Class Lead, and that's the role I'll be taking over. I'll remain as a Sensei along with Seppy, Barre and Ash and continue raiding, leading and tanking just as much as I do now, so don't think you're getting rid of me entirely. :)

So those are the changes I'll be making to the Guild, which will probably be completed by the time you read this message. Congratulations to all who've received new positions as a result of these changes, especially to Beckie who now takes on the hardest job the Guild has to offer. And to everyone who's helped us get this far and make this Guild what it is today, thank you.
Last edited by Commando on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
horki

Post by horki »

Respect to you Ian. It takes a great (wo)man to lead but an even greater (wo)man to step down and pass the crown. Congrats to evryone and beckie particulary, I'm sure you will be a fine leader.
Nepstar
Paladin Class Leader

Post by Nepstar »

Thanks to our old and new guild leader.

You have both put a lot of time and effort into the guild, and I'm sure will continue to do so. Wouldn't be the same without you both.

And gratz to all promoted people too. Exciting times ahead!
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Ohhh *bows* thankyou for entrusting this to me! And thanks leto for puttin up with us for the last 2 years.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Roper

Post by Roper »

Congratulations to all the new class leads.

And huge gratz to Ian for a great 2 years of leadership, it really has been a great time and a lot has happened, I'm sure this wouldnt be the great guild it is without everything you have done.

And finally, congratulations to Becki on the promotion, a perfect choice and I'm sure you will do a great job.

Lets raise our glasses to the class leads, to Ian and to Becki!

Cheers!!!

Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Thanks Leto for doing what you do best. Ever the diplomat, whenever there was an issue which was bigger than most of us could handle, you'd pull it out of the bag everytime. Every one of us could learn some lessons from you in this respect. This is of course not to say you were or are perfect, but simply you were someone we could rely on.

Congratulations to Beckie, I'm sure you realise that you have a large task to deal with but remember, there are other people in the guild who have positions of power for a reason: to help you. Under no circumstances should you take it all onto your own shoulders to do everything. Delagate! Without getting too personal, I think you can learn some diplomacy lessons from Leto just as we all can ;) <3

Good luck for the future guys, I hope this transition will go well for you. Remember it will take ups and downs, but the strength of this guild is its friendships.

Gawd, makes me remember when Leto handed leadership to me for a bit, and I gladly handed it back a month or two later. /hide

Keep it going. By the Power of the Tube.
Dreams of being better
Fatherjohn
Shogun

Post by Fatherjohn »

Firstly I must say thank you to Ian for leading this guild so well for you long :)

Secondly congratz to all the new class leaders, you all have earned this promotion.

and finally big congratulations to Beckie, as the DKP site over the summer has showen you have put in hugggge amounts of effort into the guild and thoroughly deserve to be the guild leader :)
Ymmi

Post by Ymmi »

Grats to beckie and good luck!

Now you can join us in the ranks of ex-GM's ian! We have a weekly pub crawl on saturdays and a poker night on wednesdays!
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Meh, too tired to think of a good post so I'll keep it short n sweet.

Congratulations all and a big thanks to everyone who makes this guild so much fun to be a part of.

Special thanks to Ian and good luck to Beckie, and all the new class leaders too!

Ooooh and just because he's posted, Ash! <3!!!!
AKA: Dreamoness, Mischief, Whitewitch, Wabbsi and Nightbayne.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
jepedoo

Post by jepedoo »

Thank you for all your effort you've put in CTS and gl to the new leadership and I'm sure of it you'll all do fine in your new positions.
Dutch and dwarf. Any questions?
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Thanks for the good times Ian and good luck to the new leadership! :D