i34!

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

horki

Post by horki »

Now part of a drunk and admitting thread!
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

Omgs deleted :? I'm sorry about that, me + intoxication + computers are a very bad combination it seems
Mr. President, get up or I will kill you right there.
In loving memory of Jack Bauer
Juan

Post by Juan »

But what we want to know is, are you in love?
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

Oh great there was not one but TWO posts >.< Oh well

No chance of ever seeing the girl again so nothing matters now :oops:

Once again, sorry for derailing your superthread :cry:
horki

Post by horki »

Don't be sorry, at the moment you'd seem confused and in quite a inner struggle. It's quite normal you wanted help/advice or whatever (to bad you threw it on the internet). Good thing you posted it on the good side of the internet :D . If you still want advice I'm sorry, not that experienced with complicated love relations :o
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Damnit, I knew I should have checked the forums while at i34 - I missed Demonheart's embarrassing drunken rambling. Anyone save a copy? :D

So, i34! Fun fun fun, better than i32 or i33, not quite as good as i31 but I think that was mostly due to the weather being crap. New site is good, better than Newbury, partly because it's much much easier for me to get to and partly because having everything under one roof is more convenient.

Some of the highlights:
  • Coming second in the World In Conflict tournament! :)
  • Seppy turning up with only half a tent.
  • Sleezer and Galain spending the entire event with a tent that was inside out.
  • Lack of sleep - I don't think I got more than 4 hours sleep each night for the entire event, mostly going to bed around 4am and waking up around 8am. Strangely I seemed to cope fine right up until I got home, at which point I felt like collapsing from sheer exhaustion. So tired at work right now...
  • DotA - never played it before but Run Kitty Run and Slide Kitty Slide were fun in a "WTF is going on?" kind of way.
  • Tabula Rasa instances with three people sat next to each other.
  • BBQ - thanks to KT, Beckie, Pemby and KT and Beckie's parents for hosting a BBQ for a load of gaming weirdos, despite rain and diseased pigeons trying to interfere.
  • Zul'Aman - we died a lot (and only one wipe was my fault, whatever anyone else says!) but it was still fun.
Grumbles:
  • Coming last in the World In Conflict tournament. :(
  • Rain - I wanted to try Airsoft but it was pissing down so much of the time that I never got around to it, and so few people went for it that I doubt they'll run it at the next one. Shame.
  • On site food - crappy and over-priced, but fortunately Dominos were happy to give us huge discounts on large pizzas.
  • Showers - well, actually it wasn't so much a shower as a hosepipe emitting boiling water in a cramped and dirty cubicle. No wonder most people didn't seem to bother with the whole "trying to get clean" thing.
  • Zul'Aman - I died 20 times, second only to Korruptor who died 23 times, and we only had one (failed) attempt at Zul'jin. That has to be a new record. ZA and alcohol shouldn't be mixed.
i35 is taking signups now! 20% discount lasts until 1st September so you have less than three weeks to signup if you want to get it cheap. They're using the same seat picking system as they did for i34 so sign up as soon as possible so we can block-book an area again. Go go go!
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I dont think I will be going next time, basically because:

1. The temperature control was pathetic and I spent the majority of the time sitting there with jumper +/or coat on suffering so the warm people stopped moaning.
2. I dont think you really get much out of it unless you want to play the random 101 games other then wow and really want to try out all the stuff in the exhibition stands.
3. Lack of sleep makes people grumpy and they shout/swear at you for no reason
4. As more convenient as the new venue is, partly due to being able to go to parents for showers and good food there are several issues; namely security, food, camping, heating, showers, drinking water, also I noticed i managed to do around 90 miles of just driving around to parents, tesco, train stations, newbury was alot better for that and similar distance for me.
5. Also even though there was alot of people there we did very little as a group, with the majority of people choosing to play different games.

Also.. October is going to be very cold.. and i found it cold enough in August.

Anyway end of whine.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
SleezeR

Post by SleezeR »

It may have been inside-out, but atleast it didn't get wet!

Also, congratz to CTS for being runners up in the WIC tournament! Owned! -cough-

Atm, we're in the London library, getting lost cause it's huge. HUGE. And we actually managed to find a fairly cheap hotel yesterday, luckily enough :p

I do agree with Becki a bit, temperature could've been better (if they closed the shutters, it was fine) and we should've done more as a group.

Cya at i## next summer!
- Sleezer the Student at Faculty of Arts, Leuven! Status: broke.
<BokkeRijders>
<CTSamurai>
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Yeah, I forgot about that, the temperature thing was odd. People in the middle of the room where saying "It's so hot my PC is overheating and I'm sweating myself to death!" and people at the edges of the room were shivering from the cold. I don't even know if there was any type of air conditioning installed, certainly didn't seem like it, so they just kept opening and shutting the big roller doors when people complained about it being too hot or too cold.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

Apart from the weather getting in the way of outdoor activities which would've been epic I thought it was amazing! Love the new venue! As for everyone playing different games I goto admit it was kinda group-dividing! :P If only there was a way to predict WotLK arrival.. would be awesome to level in LAN'o'sphere.

I'm not sure about i35. Halloween is always an incredibly epic affair at uni so I'd probably only end up coming late, late on saturday evening and most probably as a spectator. But still £15 quid for the other 2 days could be awesome! I'll be intrigued if there are going to be some brilliant events/exhibitions so we shall see. I will definately be attending next year summer, and I hope we have a massive turnout! I'll also be sure to get an external HDD pumped to the brim with LAN games everyone wants to play! =)
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

Korruptor wrote:would be awesome to level in LAN'o'sphere.
On behalf of the vast majority of lan gamers: /facepalm.jpg :P

Don't get me wrong I think it's a great idea but you know
SleezeR

Post by SleezeR »

Korruptor wrote: I'll also be sure to get an external HDD pumped to the brim with LAN games everyone wants to play! =)
Age of Empires!
<BokkeRijders>
<CTSamurai>
Galain

Post by Galain »

SleezeR wrote:It may have been inside-out, but atleast it didn't get wet!
It wasn't realy inside out, we had to make sure the smelly, sweaty air stayed in the tent to make us a bit sick before going for sleep! And indeed, although it rained a lot, we were dry inside the tent. And it was SO easy to put up and break down again, it only costed us 5 minutes every time!
SleezeR wrote:Also, congratz to CTS for being runners up in the WIC tournament! Owned! -cough-
It has to count for soemthing they won a silver medal there!
SleezeR wrote:Atm, we're in the London library, getting lost cause it's huge. HUGE. And we actually managed to find a fairly cheap hotel yesterday, luckily enough :p
And it was a good hot chocolate and a good chocolate muffin, and the hotel had a decent shower, which was necesairy after that few days of no hygienic care besides some deodorant.
SleezeR wrote:I do agree with Becki a bit, temperature could've been better (if they closed the shutters, it was fine) and we should've done more as a group.
They should make a door in the center and keep the outside ones shut :( it would solve the problem Ian discribed.
SleezeR wrote:Cya at i## next summer!
Good chance indeed!

Another note: Gief BBQ earlier to get to know ppl better! + more than once pls! (Thank our hosts pls Beckie and KT, and Pemby thanks for making our meal!)
And ask wether the pidgeon is still ok, it looked very old and sick, although it was a young animal. Seppy said: "Run! Run away!" and the birdy fly 2 feet high and crushed in the ground :(

Our way back was pretty ok too, though I had to unpack one of my bags, the biggest one... The guy looked weird to see all the computer crap and chocolate that was in it. :) And the fact we have crappy weather here as well is a bit stupid...

One last note: Thanks for everyone that took care of us nab Belgians for driving us around for Travel adaptors for european power supply plugs and food and drinks! And thanks to everyone to make us enjoy our fun trip! Had an awesome stay there!
Galain lvl 80 Retired Warrior Tank.
Baerin lvl 80 Druid Treemender and former Big Chicken.
Hunter Mervik 70, Mage Chiani 70

*Tickling with HoTs*
Juan

Post by Juan »

Run! Run away!
SleezeR

Post by SleezeR »

Juan wrote:Run! Run away!
:mrgreen:
<BokkeRijders>
<CTSamurai>