<Space game with really weird title>

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

<Space game with really weird title>

Post by ash »

So has anyone played Sins of a Solar Empire?

The name of the game baffles me totally but I think its a fun RTS space game! Have played it on and off for the last month or two and enjoy it quite a bit!

Its very homeworld-ish but if you want to be totally confused... there is no campaign o_O

You can do random maps vs PC or play online. There are a set of achievements which if you feel like it, you can test your mettle in accomplishing.

I generally play as a random race but always seem to end up with Vasari, which works for me.

anyone? yes? no? wtf?
Dreams of being better
Septih
Rick Roller

Re: <Space game with really weird title>

Post by Septih »

i've seen ian, kev and tomas playing it and seeming to have fun. I'm not a big fan of lengthy strategies tbh.
P3mby

Post by P3mby »

I have myself a copy of the game that I have enjoyed on occasion. Ian and I have played it at iSeries, I believe Tomas joined us for that. I know there are a few others that play it at iSeries, like Celebrity, that is where I found out about it.

It is an enjoyable game, although I tend to find that you have some really tense bits of the game where the computer is battling you very hard and you are almost constantly under attack and you have to work to save your self. Then the computer just sort of rolls over and dies. I think Ian and I ended up chasing after each others planets trying to stop the computer from killing one of us off, then we killed one of their fleets and they just seemed to stop playing almost... Don't know, is weird.
OBEY THE TUBE!

It is never too late \o/
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Well it kinda depends. I can usually finish a 1v1 in maybe 30minutes..? (normal PC player)

I've not had a PC roll over yet and I've played maybe 30+ games? Typically they seem to flee if out numbered or when the battle turns against them (reinforcements maybe or just loss of ships)

If you fight them at their homeworld I find they never retreat.

I've played vs some hard players aswell, like you said the constant struggle against oncoming ships is quite tough but so long as you keep growing, your economy will out perform theirs...

!
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

I played this for a little while. It wasn't bad and the reasearch was pretty nice. I do remember the game revolving around your captial ships though. If you managed to nuke down the computer's capital then it was pretty much game over for them. I never got around to trying a multiplayer game though.

As RTS games go it was quite nice. However I didn't think it was amazingly inventive either.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

I quite enjoy it. It can be very slow paced (most multiplayer games I play seem to take several hours to complete) but it's good as an alternative to the rapid RTSs like DoW and WiC. I'm usually up for a few games at iSeries but aside from that I never really play it. I prefer to play as Vasari.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

By the way, if anyone feels that Sins Of A Solar Empire is worth paying for, it's now sold on Steam and is current on offer with all the expansion packs for £10. Me, Pemby and Bane have bought it, so if you like the odd game at iSeries it'd be awesome if you got it too so we can play the updated version rather than the old version we've been playing in the past.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani