RaidComp

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Re: RaidComp

Post by Commando »

Erk, does that addon actually work? It basically seems to spam the Inspect queue with an request for every unit in the raid each time you type the slash command, with no checks to see whether it's interrupting anything else and no recording of the information for later use, then immediately tries to read in the data for that unit without bothering to check whether the inspect was successful or even complete.

I'm wary about having item level checks as part of RaidComp because gear can change so quickly. At the moment it tries to limit scans to only happen when the information it has stored is out of date (every 15 mins or so, I think), when someone joins the raid or when someone's talents change. People can change gear much faster than that and I don't want it to be a resource hog by constantly running scans, and in any case item level is no guarantee that their gear is actually any good.

I think achievements would be a better way to indicate "skill level", so I might look at doing that instead. Though to be honest, this is all getting way beyond the original scope of the addon... Still, it could be useful so I'll see what I can do.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Released a new version, beta 4.6, that should make it easier to choose who you want included in the calculations when looking at calendar events or attempting to split a raid into two groups. It adds a series of buttons and checkboxes across the top that allow you to ignore and unignore the talents of players based on the raid group they're in or their invite status on the calendar event you're viewing.

It's not quite finished yet, the checkboxes are currently "immediate effect" rather than "persistent effect" - hoping to fix that for the next version.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Ian as requested
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060910_204348.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060910_204348.jpg (415.47 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie