i42 - the Easter one!

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

faery
Mage and Druid Class Leader

Re: i42 - the Easter one!

Post by faery »

I don't think I can make the April one as I has exams but I'll pop over for a day visit np :) and ill be at the summer one :)
Faerydust, Pixiedust, Glitterdust, /who dust...
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

Septih wrote:Can I call shotgun If I meet you near lincoln? :P
Deffo, plenty of space as I'll just be bringing my rig and renting a monitor there. Screw paying for two seats, unles Gill wants to share :naughty:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Commando wrote:Imagine taking your PC to your friend's house, and all your other friends bringing theirs too, and playing loads of games together. Now imagine instead of your friend's house it was a huge building, and loads of other people and their friends came along as well. Now imagine that building has a 1 gigabit Internet connection. Now imagine that instead of going home at the end of the day you stay there for five days, and sleep in tents near the building (assuming you care about sleep). Now imagine the building has on-site catering and a bar and you can order food and drinks directly to your desk.

Now imagine there's loads of other things going on as well - hardware and software companies with stalls nearby where you can test and buy the newest computer gear and games. Announcements, demonstrations and beta tests of brand new games. Loads of competitions going on where you can win computer gear, silly stuff or even cash prizes. Loads of free stuff being handed out all over the place. A pub quiz. Old console games on a massive projector screen that 20 people can play at once. A giant energy drink can that doubles as a rodeo ride(!?). Five days with your friends where you don't care about work, school, what time it is or anything other than having fun.

That's iSeries. :)
*Wipes a tear from his eye*
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Dave wrote:
Commando wrote:Imagine taking your PC to your friend's house, and all your other friends bringing theirs too, and playing loads of games together. Now imagine instead of your friend's house it was a huge building, and loads of other people and their friends came along as well. Now imagine that building has a 1 gigabit Internet connection. Now imagine that instead of going home at the end of the day you stay there for five days, and sleep in tents near the building (assuming you care about sleep). Now imagine the building has on-site catering and a bar and you can order food and drinks directly to your desk.

Now imagine there's loads of other things going on as well - hardware and software companies with stalls nearby where you can test and buy the newest computer gear and games. Announcements, demonstrations and beta tests of brand new games. Loads of competitions going on where you can win computer gear, silly stuff or even cash prizes. Loads of free stuff being handed out all over the place. A pub quiz. Old console games on a massive projector screen that 20 people can play at once. A giant energy drink can that doubles as a rodeo ride(!?). Five days with your friends where you don't care about work, school, what time it is or anything other than having fun.

That's iSeries. :)
*Wipes a tear from his eye*
It's a good spiel, but I wouldn't say it's that amazing an event ;)
Orube

Post by Orube »

*glares* :evil:
P3mby

Post by P3mby »

Ok... if you need more convincing... then there is this...

http://www.fileplay.net/file/11999/the- ... lan?ref=nf

*plays spot his monitor*

There it is \o/
OBEY THE TUBE!

It is never too late \o/
Dave

Post by Dave »

That was awesome! :lol:
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Only one day of Early Early Bird left! Go go go!
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Bump.

Im considering.

Was going to save myself for summer one, but seeing as i too can now drive, i would quite like to attend.

Will wait and see finance wise but id see myself as a provisional yes. Probably minus wow, plus xbox. Shotgun by Kevstar if he bothers to turn up.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Speaking of which, I've just noticed they've finally put the seat planner up for i42. If you've booked tickets, go pick yourself a seat in Berkshire Ground Floor somewhere near CO-J9, which is where I've sat myself. Once you've done that, assign me as your seat manager in the usual way.

Also, go go more bookings!
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Im still thinking about this :(

is anyone else going yet?
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Currently just four of us going, but we're sitting with the Celebrity group who some people may know from previous events.

If you want to come along there's still tickets left but I should warn you that you may struggle to get a seat near us - every seat on our row has been booked for several months now. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you snooze, you lose. You need to book early for iSeries unless you want to sit on your lonesome. :P
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

well I wasn't particuarly bigged up for going to this one, so I guess I'll vote a pass on this one :(
P3mby

Post by P3mby »

Dave (MRF - Badgers) has enquired with us again about whether we would like a box. I spoke to Dave (the DutchManc) the other day and we decided it would probably be a no.

Any further discussion needed?
OBEY THE TUBE!

It is never too late \o/
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

I'd probably vote for passing on the box. If they decide not to go for it either it'd be great to have them sit somewhere near us though. :)