Virgin Media Help - Ayunae Check Here!

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Korruptor

Virgin Media Help - Ayunae Check Here!

Post by Korruptor »

Doubt you can help out that much Ayunae as you no longer work for them but you must have some sort of advice/magic spell that may be able to help?!

My fault reference is F001468387 and it's slowly infecting the entirety of the LN area. What started off as a peak time problem only, has now manifested itself into the rest of the day. The problem being that during all hours of the day my advertised 20mbps Virgin Media service is actually this:

I went to go do a speed test but I can't even load the page.

The issue being that our UBR is being over utilised because VM are so thick headed they don't know when to stop taking on new customers and begin upgrading their servers. The consequence being that hundreds of students and locals alike are trying to pile on at all hours of the day.

Now this would be alright if the problem was only short term BUT Virgin Media have quoted a relief date of no sooner than 19th April 2011. Anyone got an idea of what my best course of action is? Jump ship to another ISP perhaps if VM let us terminate our contract FOC? Except, BT is out of the story because we're only in this house for another 5 months and their minimum contract states 12 months, which also means ISP's like Zen and IDnet are also unavailable because it'd mean having to take out a BT line contract.
Animma

Re: Virgin Media Help - Ayunae Check Here!

Post by Animma »

The 50mb broadband isn't traffic managed so it won't be subject to such heavy restrictions in over populated areas. Short of that there isn't much I can suggest to improve the general service, though you can use this to worm your way out of the contract. If you were to talk to the customer relations department you could probably convince them to terminate the contract if you so wished, due to the service being unfit for purpose.

Some ISP's (VM included) can offer shortened contracts for short term living areas (ie student accomodations) but they aren't widely advertised, and again you have to harass the customer service/relations departments, maybe offer a few death threats here and there.
Roper

Re: Virgin Media Help - Ayunae Check Here!

Post by Roper »

Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter