Signups - Game Four

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Signups - Game Four

Post by Greentitch »

So the current game only has a couple of days left to go and I'd like to get sign-ups sorted before everyone totally loses interest. I'm going to be a bit more strict with the rules regarding activity in the next game. This is because people who only post once or twice during the entire game simply ruin the experience for others. It's hard to lynch people when a couple of the people aren't participating.

Please post below if you wish to play and:
  • Have read the rules and roles posts found in this forum.
  • Are able to check the forums regularly and post something relevant at least once per day. If you want to stay quiet then you will need to let me know that you are at least checking the forums. Obviously if you simply can't log on for whatever reason then just let me know. This only applies to weekdays; during the weekend posting is allowed but voting is paused.

I reserve the right to refuse you as a player if you have previously signed up for a game and have extremely low attendance. I'm sorry this sounds harsh and a little unfair, but I don't want the people who do enjoy actively participating to lose interest. I think we've got a good little game here and it's beginning to show real promise for tactics and enjoyable play as people get experienced. If I don't do something about it now I don't think we'll be able to continue and that would be a pity.
Septih
Rick Roller

Re: Signups - Game Four

Post by Septih »

I might roleplay a little less this time - It's quite frustrating :P
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Septih wrote:I might roleplay a little less this time - It's quite frustrating :P
I do worry that the role-playing, though fun, does cause some issues. I know it's hard to choose someone to vote for on the first day but the heavy RP from some people does cloud the issue. It often causes the people who are RPing to get voted for, while those who are not posting at all get ignored. Though this might be more a problem with the way people vote rather than the RP.
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I will join again this time, but I think I will skip the game after, from 28th Feb to 10th March is my super busy at work phase. And Im kinda getting frustrated at the game, its great one mafia is dead in the current game but the town element still isnt working that well, through afk, being uncooperative and just lynching its own.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Titi

Post by Titi »

Atm you just get suspicious by participating in the game.
Even low profile is more suspicious then people not participating(or a bit) first 2 days.
This makes the game harder in my opinion.
Titi | Kiky | Cyrx | Bors | Beffy
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Titi wrote:Atm you just get suspicious by participating in the game.
Even low profile is more suspicious then people not participating(or a bit) first 2 days.
This makes the game harder in my opinion.
Keeping a low profile is a valid tactic so I can't force people to post. However voting for people who are keeping a low profile would be a valid tactic. Are you in by the way?
I also think this will be a smaller game which seemed to work better again (9-12 people if too many haven't lost interest).
Titi

Post by Titi »

yes I'm in still a fun game :) lots of brainstorming !

Yea Np with low profile, heh atm people go lower profile then people with low profile tactic by not posting/voting :)
Titi | Kiky | Cyrx | Bors | Beffy
Roper

Post by Roper »

Count me in.

I enjoyed the current game for the first couple of days while we had decent participation. Hopefully this will improve with the next one.
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

One of the other things that makes the problem worse is the Mafia understandably kill of the people who are participating a lot. This however makes it pretty boring for everyone if the only people who are left alive are the quiet ones.

I'm considering making a change to the way that lynches are handled when deadlines are reached. This is my proposal and I'm happy to get comments about it:

If the deadline is reached but one player has the majority of votes from those that have voted then they will be lynched.
As an example, there are seven players alive meaning four votes are needed as a majority. The final votes are:
Player A - 3 votes
Player B - 2 votes

In this situation 5 people have voted, so the majority required between them is 3. Therefore Player A is lynched.

To enable people to choose not to vote for anyone you will be able to Vote Nobody. This will mean you are counted as voting at the deadline, but your vote is in essence for no lynching. Also if a majority of people vote for no lynching during the day, then the day will end.
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Im happy to try the proposed.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Roper

Post by Roper »

Seems like a good change to me.
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

I'll be away from Friday to Sunday with no internet access, so if the current game ends before then I'll sit it out. If it starts on Monday, though, count me in.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Septih wrote:I might roleplay a little less this time - It's quite frustrating :P
Yes, yes it is. :P
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Commando wrote:I'll be away from Friday to Sunday with no internet access, so if the current game ends before then I'll sit it out. If it starts on Monday, though, count me in.
I forgot to mention that the attendance doesn't include weekends. Monday to Friday only. At weekends the thread will be open for discussion but votes will not be allowed. This was always intended to be something to do during the day in the week.
Orube

Post by Orube »

Count me in again! Also, I like the proposed ideas concerning the voting.