Game Six [SK Win]

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Re: Game Six

Post by Greentitch »

As I saw it the Mafia might have still won it back. If you had killed Beckie and blocked Sep that would have meant that all three Mafia, Orube, Ropey, Septih and Ash were still alive. You then could have convinced Ash that Orube, Ropey and Sep were the Mafia and got one of them lynched, winning the game. That would only work if Brech voted Sep with some reasoning though rather than making it clear he was just preventing Ian from being lynched.

PS. Sign up for the next game. I want to play! :P
Fatherjohn
Shogun

Post by Fatherjohn »

Until Ropey's vote I really thought we could lynch sep and by that stage it was too late for me to switch vote :P But yea was bad play by me and cost us the game.

Anyway well played Sep, my theory sort of lost a lot of credibility with ash not being a cop :P

No idea how Ropey or Orube didn't see the investigation of Beckie instead of me or Brech as the dead giveaway!
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Our problem was that we thought Ash was a Cop. We hoped that killing him would convince people that Seppy was bluffing and a Serial Killer, taking suspicion off me. When Ash turned out to be a Doctor, that plan completely fell to pieces.

I'm considering sitting the next round out. Apparently I need to take some time and figure out how to look like Mafia so that people think I'm less suspicious. :P
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Titi

Post by Titi »

was there a plan in killing me, or was it the Mighty Yoda you feared :)
Titi | Kiky | Cyrx | Bors | Beffy
Fatherjohn
Shogun

Post by Fatherjohn »

Titi wrote:was there a plan in killing me, or was it the Mighty Yoda you feared :)
We just thought that you tended to give good analysis and attracted no suspicion on day one so would be hard to get lynched. Was between you and devious and well we thought he provided no threat!
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Beckie wrote:Yes sorry when I read the Serial Killer description when it was changed I read it as being like a godfather. Ie you live through the first hit. One a night is pretty OP, but then it is difficult for the SK to win..

Yes I found ash very confusing and he voted for Seppy and then protected him afterwards? I didnt really think there was a SK after Kryten was killed. I think Sep might of been a bit lucky that there was only 2 deaths a night otherwise we probably would of been more inclined to think there was a serial killer.

The reason I saved Septih rather than Ian was because I thought if we could survive one more day we would have worked out the last few pieces and pulled through. As it was I didn't realise Septih was a SK, rather than a Mafia.

I was VERY disappointed that when I tried to save Devious, I got blocked and then he died. :( At that point I just knew I was dead in the water.

In a way I was glad I that I didn't let out what my role was. Overall I'm not sure what more I could have done to win the game. I would have taken ALOT of convincing to not vote on Seppy. I just had a bad feeling because he didn't come across as sincere enough.

I was well chuffed that I went from 5 votes against me to none the next day though xD

lol
Brechnar

Post by Brechnar »

Beckie wrote:Tbh if Brech had voted for Seppy much earlier in the day (say 4 or 5pm) I would of been more tempted to vote for him to. But by 8 after many hours of seeing him online and not posting I was pretty sure he was mafia
I was waiting for either you or Ropey to vote for Seppy, so I could just jump in and finish him off. It would've been an easy win for us that way, but of course I should've guessed neither of you would vote for him. Like you said, I should've cast my vote first and try to convince you to vote for him as well.

Anyway, eventually it was too late and we'd made ourselves look far too suspicious. I completely forgot about Ian's suggestion to vote for him as well. Also, since we were quite far into the day by then, I figured you guys would just see it as a "trying to look less suspicious by voting for a fellow mafia"-vote.

When the end of the day came near, I got some unexpected visit from a few friends, so I got a bit distracted and only realised just in time I still had to cast my vote if I didn't want Ian to get killed, hence why I didn't explain my vote, I didn't have the time. Since Seppy managed to get everyone on his side I thought it was pretty much a lost cause. Had I given up hope too soon? Maybe I did but I spent some time trying to figure out if there was a way in which we could possibly win and it really didn't seem likely. I thought our best bet was to just prevent Ian from being lynched, so I briefly explained the game to my friends and asked them who'd they vote for: Seppy or someone completely different. I probably shouldn't have listened to them :P