Game Eight

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Re: Game Eight

Post by Devious »

Greentitch wrote:Plus I'm very disappointed that Ash got himself role-blocked. He was an Even-Day Vigilante. I learnt a lot from the roles in this game. It's just a pity that it ended so quickly and disappointingly.
Ash was an obvious target for a role block I'm afraid :D
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Raeneid wrote:who did Ash try to kill?
Vince
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

My, my. Look at doctor Deadeye over there. I would've expected a fumble from him!
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Greentitch wrote:
Vince
So Vince would have been immune. How would that show up to Ash? Or Vince even?
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Devious wrote:
Greentitch wrote:
Vince
So Vince would have been immune. How would that show up to Ash? Or Vince even?
Ash is just told his kill wasn't successful. Vince doesn't get told anything.
Roper

Post by Roper »

Well I agree that the town did seem a bit over powered. I guess I can say that without being a whiner now that Dunc has stated the same. Very hard to get anything done without being spotted. Pesky interfering curtain twitching villagers!

Probably a mistake that I suggested Vince carry out the kill on the first night, I was forgetting about these newish roles and I guess that’s the only way a godfather is going to get spotted for definite.

Having said all that, I really enjoyed the first couple of days, first time as mafia and it was fun. :)
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

Heh, interesting even if a bit complicated first game for me. I need to check the wiki a bit: when did Ash try to kill Vince, and why?
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Nonplus wrote:Heh, interesting even if a bit complicated first game for me. I need to check the wiki a bit: when did Ash try to kill Vince, and why?
Ash tried to kill vince on Night Two (Even Night Vigilante). But was preemptively role-blocked by Roper. So it looks like he did nothing (to everyone else).

Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

Devious wrote:
Nonplus wrote:Heh, interesting even if a bit complicated first game for me. I need to check the wiki a bit: when did Ash try to kill Vince, and why?
Ash tried to kill vince on Night Two (Even Night Vigilante). But was preemptively role-blocked by Roper. So it looks like he did nothing (to everyone else).
Wasn't Vince dead by then?
Raeneid

Post by Raeneid »

Could we see a list of night actions? That would probably clear up any questions
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Night One
Devious - Spy Beckie
Kap - Watch Ash
Roper - Block Ash
Septih - Track Vincenoir
Titi - Track Beckie
Vincenoir - Kill Titi

Day Two
Ash - Kill Vincenoir (Ash was a DAY vigilante. The block on him from the previous night was still in effect)

Night Two
Devious - Spy Ash/Kill Orube
Kap -Watch Septih
Roper - Block Septih
Septih - Track Devious

Night Three
Devious - Spy Kap/Kill Raeneid
Kap - Watch Septih
Septih - Track Devious
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

And on the topic of voting patterns not adding much info (need to check on that) how was lynching Kryten the first day of any help, btw? (seriously interested)
Raeneid

Post by Raeneid »

Nonplus wrote:And on the topic of voting patterns not adding much info (need to check on that) how was lynching Kryten the first day of any help, btw? (seriously interested)
This game did not really go on long enough for voting patterns to be of any use, and they were not really needed anyway because of successful tracking and watching. But generally Mafia do not want to be making killing blows on day one, which is the case with Vince and Devious in this game, so had the evidence against Vince not been so overwhelming already this could have been useful information.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Nonplus wrote:And on the topic of voting patterns not adding much info (need to check on that) how was lynching Kryten the first day of any help, btw? (seriously interested)
The voting pattern on Day One is the only information you have going in to Day Two. If you do not lynch anyone on Day One then you are simply delaying that random voting until Day Two, except now the town has one less player. Yes you may get information from Cops or other investigative roles, but you might not.
Kryten

Post by Kryten »

If you hadn't have lynched me you would have wasted tracking / watching on me andf not found the real mafia. Still a real pain in the arse being killed on the first day for no reason
Kryten/Rimmer/Red Dwarf fanatic now forum lurker