Game Ten

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Titi

Re: Game Ten

Post by Titi »

Greentitch wrote:All in all I'm quite happy with how the game went. It seemed quite balanced in the end. Some roles were obviously rather unsuccessful and I'd change them if we were to do it again. Others were very promising and I'd be tempted to include them in regular games (Titi's role seems a rather fun modification to investigative roles).

I'd like to hear what people thought of each others roles. I do apologise to those people who's roles weren't successful.
I thought my role was very interesting. Like i said it can be useful for Town and Mafia so its a balanced on his own i guess.

Like that 1 time i tried to trick Raeneid. It's another way you could use it.

EDIT: don't forget to sign for next game :)
Titi | Kiky | Cyrx | Bors | Beffy
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Titi wrote:I thought my role was very interesting. Like i said it can be useful for Town and Mafia so its a balanced on his own i guess.
As people have said before, it's a bit pointless as Mafia since you'll always send it to another Mafia player. As a town role it could work well with any role that provides information (cop, tracker, etc.)
Titi

Post by Titi »

Greentitch wrote:
Titi wrote:I thought my role was very interesting. Like i said it can be useful for Town and Mafia so its a balanced on his own i guess.
As people have said before, it's a bit pointless as Mafia since you'll always send it to another Mafia player. As a town role it could work well with any role that provides information (cop, tracker, etc.)
I mean I can sent the info to a Mafia. So then it would be useful to them xD. Sorry :)
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Im pretty annoyed at being weaker then a normal goon/villager. And I think Ropey was OP - 1 shot fine but could in theory be used every day. Raeneids eat people was funny. I think generally the town were much too powerful. I also didnt like the not revealing peoples abilities when they were killed. Like we never quite got to the bottom of why no1 died on night1.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

Nice going, nonplus!
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I will not be playing again, this game has got way to hardcore. In the early days you could actually go and enjoy RL for a few hours at a time. Now you cant.

I just want to say a big thankyou to:
Kryten - For getting yourself warewolf killed when you knew about it
Nonplus - For making Ian die instead of me
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Beckie wrote:Im pretty annoyed at being weaker then a normal goon/villager.
Yeah I thought your role would be more powerful than it was but you didn't really attract any votes. I think it would have been better if you could move anyone's votes onto someone else if there was no majority. However that might have been too powerful so it's difficult to find a balance.

The town does appear very powerful but they are actually limited in what they can do to find the Mafia. The only cop lost his ability when he announced it (Kapoentje), Titi could only detect role names and Raeneid could track people (but with so many night actions this is also of limited use). Then there are roles that are not exactly helpful to the town; Raeneid could kill townies and Nonplus could (and did) cause trouble.

I do agree Roper's role was a bit too powerful, I think a limited number of shots could be of use. I expected him to gather more suspicion after using it to be honest.
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

Greentitch wrote:I expected him to gather more suspicion after using it to be honest.
So did I.
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Shame to hear that Beckie, but I do agree with you. I've done bugger all work the last two days :P

I was talking to Dunc before the game started and said it would be quite nice to have some sort of longer running game which doesn't necessarily have time limits or deaths and that people can pop in and out of. I don't know what this wonderful game would be though :P
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Septih wrote:I was talking to Dunc before the game started and said it would be quite nice to have some sort of longer running game which doesn't necessarily have time limits or deaths and that people can pop in and out of. I don't know what this wonderful game would be though :P
There was indeed far too much to read in this game. I have been wondering whether we should try a different forum game as I like the concept but it's becoming a bit old and it does depend a lot of activity (both too much and too little are bad in some ways).

I was tempted to run a full blown RPG (pen and paper style) but I'm not sure how to do that with people being available on and off.
Roper

Post by Roper »

I’m not sure about my role being over powered.

It certainly looks that way with the way the game panned out. However I was thinking about it when the role was first assigned, and thinking back over previous games I couldn’t really think of any occasions where somebody was lynched but that I was convinced enough at their innocence to save them, so I was rather surprised to find that situation arriving (and even then it was a bit of a gamble).

Overall I found the game fun, if crazy confusing at times. It’s one thing working out what people may be when there are known roles, but when we don’t even know what roles could exist its quite difficult to play at points, and it makes it easier for people to lie when they can just invent a role.
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Greentitch wrote:
Beckie wrote:Im pretty annoyed at being weaker then a normal goon/villager.
Yeah I thought your role would be more powerful than it was but you didn't really attract any votes.
When do I ever attract votes? Maybe on someone like Kap who always seems to get himself into hot water it might of worked.

Two restrictions of which either probably only happen once in a game. Them both happening in the same day = very low % chance.
Titi

Post by Titi »

Beckie wrote:I will not be playing again, this game has got way to hardcore. In the early days you could actually go and enjoy RL for a few hours at a time. Now you cant.

I just want to say a big thankyou to:
Kryten - For getting yourself warewolf killed when you knew about it
Nonplus - For making Ian die instead of me
It was just an intense game.And after 9 games people who were a bit absent got focussed.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I quite liked the role I faked :P
Titi

Post by Titi »

Roper wrote:I’m not sure about my role being over powered.

It certainly looks that way with the way the game panned out. However I was thinking about it when the role was first assigned, and thinking back over previous games I couldn’t really think of any occasions where somebody was lynched but that I was convinced enough at their innocence to save them, so I was rather surprised to find that situation arriving (and even then it was a bit of a gamble).

Overall I found the game fun, if crazy confusing at times. It’s one thing working out what people may be when there are known roles, but when we don’t even know what roles could exist its quite difficult to play at points, and it makes it easier for people to lie when they can just invent a role.
They should have killed you.
It's a nice ability but he can still be killed in the night.

At the end it was OP i guess