Game Ten

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Nonplus

Re: Game Ten

Post by Nonplus »

Greentitch wrote: Night Three
Kryten attempted to protect Raeneid but got eaten instead, which distracted Raeneid from his attempt to track Beckie.
Nonplus attempted to redirect Ropey’s action to Beckie but was killed by Septih.
Orube protected Ropey, and Titi spied on Beckie with the results being sent to the late Nonplus.
[/color]
Such a bad night for the town tbh, I was almost raging :(

First of all, it was obvious, I think, with 2 mafia left after getting Devious, that I could win the game at any moment, by guessing who they send to kill and redirecting it on the other member. I thought it was obvious that the most suspicious person after Devious was Becki, and I also thought mafia knew that, but I wasn't sure who the other one was, but I knew that person would be it. I thought it was Ropey, Seppy, until that moment palyed it with no mistakes (see below).

Second of all, Kryten, you had 2 important targets to protect, one of which, myself, confirmed as a villager by the person which you thought vas village, Raeneid, as I see you protected it; as well, you could've protected Orube if you thought whe was indeed a doctor. Instead you protect, by targeting, someone that might kill you on doing so?!

Third of all, Orube, why did you think Ropey was a problem for the mafia? You didn't believe me to be a villager? If you did, as I said in the first paragraph, of course I would've been the target of mafia, with the same or even higher prio than you, and doctors can't protect themselves, right?

On Seppy's mistake, that he did in day 4, when I was already dead: he posted the results of his investigations, "Night One: Investigated Commando, Kryten, Nonplus and Orube - Mafia Present". That would've meant he knew already, the previous day, when I described my roll and explained Kryten's actions, that Orube would've been mafia, but he didn't say it but no one called it.

Ropey protecting Orube came out of no where, but saved us.
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

Beckie wrote: When do I ever attract votes? Maybe on someone like Kap who always seems to get himself into hot water it might of worked.
Translation: My wallet's too small for my fifties & my diamond shoes are too tight.

I always attract votes because Seppy always sets a mob after me early on when he's mafia.
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Nonplus wrote:On Seppy's mistake, that he did in day 4, when I was already dead: he posted the results of his investigations, "Night One: Investigated Commando, Kryten, Nonplus and Orube - Mafia Present". That would've meant he knew already, the previous day, when I described my roll and explained Kryten's actions, that Orube would've been mafia, but he didn't say it but no one called it.
Easy excuse: You might have been mafia able to deflect investigations/vigikills/trackers onto other villagers.
Titi

Post by Titi »

I wonder what Orube is going to post xD
Titi | Kiky | Cyrx | Bors | Beffy
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

The earlier games when the thread was 10 pages and it didnt matter if I didnt check the forums for 3 hours (so I could actually get some work done) were fine. It was people who didnt login for whole days at a time that caused issues. I can cope with that level, but this game I really really struggled to keep up. Both in terms of remembering what night actions people used on who and not actually having anything to add because I had no special abilities. And then having to force myself to make posts because people started getting really agro at me for no reason.

We have had lots of people play this game and so many have stopped playing. Its not a bad game, I just cant cope with 60 pages games.

And there was just too many people with powerful abilities to kill that we hadnt gotten around to ropey.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

Greentitch wrote: Night Two
Commando tried to use his shields but was blocked by Devious which meant he was killed by Kryten’s misdirected kill.
Orube protected Septih and Raeneid tracked him, although he was informed that Septih was targetting everyone due to Septih’s role.
Septih killed Kapoentje.
Hmm, Ian shielding himself I get after night 1, but Orube, you must really despise Belgians :'(
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Kapoentje wrote:
Beckie wrote: When do I ever attract votes? Maybe on someone like Kap who always seems to get himself into hot water it might of worked.
Translation: My wallet's too small for my fifties & my diamond shoes are too tight.

I always attract votes because Seppy always sets a mob after me early on when he's mafia.
Mainly cos you always suspect me :P Same with Ian :P
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Titi wrote: They should have killed you.
It's a nice ability but he can still be killed in the night.s
I assumed I could convince him. Almost did :P
Titi

Post by Titi »

maby we should take a break and i'll start the next game on monday?
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

Septih wrote:
Nonplus wrote:On Seppy's mistake, that he did in day 4, when I was already dead: he posted the results of his investigations, "Night One: Investigated Commando, Kryten, Nonplus and Orube - Mafia Present". That would've meant he knew already, the previous day, when I described my roll and explained Kryten's actions, that Orube would've been mafia, but he didn't say it but no one called it.
Easy excuse: You might have been mafia able to deflect investigations/vigikills/trackers onto other villagers.
Why blow my cover then? Instead I could've just redirected villager's on Raeneid each night while mafia was killing other persons. Very hard to sell that to the villagers.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

This game was certainly the most entertaining, though the last couple of days with Raeneid, Titi and Ropey bouncing back and forth between voting for Seppy and voting for Orube were pure torture. When Orube posts I expect it'll be a series of expletives aimed at the three of you for making her tear her hair out in sheer frustration. :P

And yeah, seriously Kryten, what the hell were you thinking? :roll:

I quite enjoyed my role, despite not lasting as long in the game as I expected with those abilities. Pure bad luck that I got killed in the end, though it reinforces my opinion that I will not survive a Mafia game unless I have both nightkill immunity and lynch immunity as both sides seem to consider me too dangerous to be allowed to live, regardless of my alignment or role. :P

Also: Day two, people. I called Seppy as Mafia on day TWO. :(
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Ian I think you can blame Raeneid for being targetted with the mafia kill on night1. We (I) thought you were H. and thus must be a cop (ie. Mafia worst nightmare).
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

Ian, as I noticed myself when I started using a "Yoda speak translator", when Kap did it, and you as well, people found the role-playing suspicious or annoying, not sure, probably because they were tense/focused and found it to be an unnecessary complication?!

That's why you appeared suspicious and I thought Kryten investigating (didn't know he can go Vig at that point) would bring us results.

It's only my 3rd game but appearing mysterious as a villager looks like a bad idea, playing "honest" seems to bring better results.

On the opposite end of the scale is Seppy, which plays Mafia so offensive/active that I just can't see, unless confirmed by a night action, how he can be of help to the village as a villager, at least by people that met him in previous games.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Heh, to be honest, since I knew I could protect myself from night actions, I was more than happy for people to think I was a cop. It's one of the reasons I never announced my role. :) Just didn't expect to be both roleblocked and killed on the same night! And, to be fair, neither Kryten or Nonplus actually intended to kill me.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Titi

Post by Titi »

Ian, i went back al pages and your post helped.
I think it was the post you pointed at Devious and Seppy. thx

Orube made me think and i went back all pages.
It still wasn't easy if you think you got a 50:50 chance.
After i made my decision it was the same for Roper.