Masks of Nyarlathotep

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Re: Masks of Nyarlathotep

Post by Greentitch »

There are some cylindrical drums but they don't appear to have much weight to them. Nothing else that would really roll but there are plenty of wooden models which you could throw down the stairs at them.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

[Nvm :P]
AKA: Dreamoness, Mischief, Whitewitch, Wabbsi and Nightbayne.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

The figures are forced to climb the stairs in single file. The one that Poppy shot comes first, staring up at William as he comes just into range of the long spear.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William steps slightly to the left, giving Evelyn enough room to point her spear down the stairway once she's lit the soaked coat wrapped around the end. Keeping his own spear levelled at the upper chest of the figure slowly moving up the stairs, he jabs forward hard and then quickly tries to pull the spear back out of reach of the creature.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

William manages to strike the figure in its shoulder, penetrating the flesh. He pulls the spear back while the figure briefly stumbles. Unfortunately he does not seem affected by the new hole in his body.
Orube

Post by Orube »

Evelyn lit the torch. It erupts into flames a bit faster than she anticipated and she barely suppresses a scream. She waits for William to attack, then, as the zombie staggers, takes her chance and lurches forward, thrusting the torch at whatever clothes the creature is wearing, since they'd be most flammable.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Poppy recovers from her shock and decides to do something about her wound and takes a handkerchief out her pocket and uses it to bandage her wrist.

She then looks round the shop interior to see what items could be of use.
"... there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive..."
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Evelyn thrusts her makeshift torch at the figure who catches the end of it before it hits. Unfortunately for him, the fire burns his arms and face badly, causing him to emit a loud groan. He releases the spear and flails around, the ragged clothing covering his arms on fire. The smell of burning and rotting flesh begins to fill the room.

Around the shop Poppy sees more of the dull weapons, various carved wooden animals which look they might weigh a fair bit and some dyed cloth hanging from one of the walls. There are also various carved masks, drums and African charms.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Watching the figure flailing around, clothes gradually catching on fire, William grips the spear tightly and jabs it towards the creature's upper body, trying to push it into the path of the other one. He pulls the spear back again quickly and watches to see what happens.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

William's thrust misses the flailing figure. As the flames begin to engulf him he swings at William but his strike also fails to make contact.
accalia
Trouble maker

Post by accalia »

Poppy looks sickened at the sight of the burning man.

"Um, I know I shot the poor chap in an effort to slow him, and that he bit me, but are you guys sure setting him on fire is justified? Couldn't we just hit them over the head till they pass out and tie them up? I know they're black, but burning them seems a little too like being KKK members for my liking. We could use one of the rugs or a coat to help smother the flames before this gets any further out of hand."
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

William glances incredulously at Poppy. "Look, I'd love to stop and explain, but we're kind of busy here. They're not human, they're not even really alive, and they will kill us unless we kill them first. So either help us or get out of the way."

Setting his feet and taking more careful aim, he grips the spear tightly and tries again to push the stumbling figure towards the one behind it.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

I'm waiting to see what James and Evelyn want to do if anything by the way.
Orube

Post by Orube »

Evelyn tries to pull the torch out of the claws of the burning creature. Next action depends largely on whether she fails or succeeds.
Greentitch

Post by Greentitch »

Greentitch wrote:He releases the spear and flails around, the ragged clothing covering his arms on fire.
It's already free of his grasp.