Dungeon Defenders

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Dungeon Defenders

Post by Greentitch »

This game is really awesome. If you haven't seen it already then check it out. A cross between tower defence and Mount Hyjal :P

Due to our inability to play games on the PC anymore, me and Abi play it on the Xbox but it seems plenty of people have it on Steam as well. Just a pity you can't play games cross platform (stupid Microsoft).
Animma

Re: Dungeon Defenders

Post by Animma »

Been sinking a lot of time into this myself, 3 different level 70 characters with lots of swapping around trying to solo insane modes. Lots of fun and a nice genre mix without it feeling too forced.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Seems quite good fun. Not sure on the longevity but it's a decent game. I've had a bit of an issue with progress being lost on occasion though - played for several hours only to have my character reset to level 0 again, and I'm sure an online ranked character I created vanished entirely.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Animma

Post by Animma »

From what I can tell there's plenty of longevity towards the endgame, a lot of it does get rather grindy though. Maxing weapons / pets to level 25 and playing survival mode for the special rewards can take a very long time. The difficulty curve is very steep though, I've played through every mission on insane minus the final one (I play a squire so GG trying to attack the dragon), yet some of the challenges have me totally stumped until I spend a bit more time on them. Been trying Monster Fest lately, only on medium even not even insane. First attempt was a straight up squire nuking and I was quickly shown the respawn screen. Second time was a day or two later when I had a fairy pet and levelled it up to 25 for the self heals, less death but I couldn't put out the damage I needed. Third time was last night with my newly levelled monk. Monk weapons are much larger so it's easy to cleave enemies down, and I can turtle inside the auras so it went much better, still though, only 707/709 when the timer expired. Cleaving was nice but I couldn't take down the red ogres very fast.

I'll probably try with my brother next (a pc game with split screen co-op zomg) monk/squire should be nice though I'm dreading the possibility that I might have to grind out another level 25 fairy, I only have one of them :/