Warlock Changes! Woohoo!

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

cronulus

Warlock Changes! Woohoo!

Post by cronulus »

I thought I'd summarize my findings on the warlock changes and hope to get some insights from you guys as well! I might have missed some.

A lot of changes are very intriguing to me since they seem to change the class the way I would like to see it being changed. I'll summarize the changes I like the most from an affliction build point of view.

Haste and cast time changes
- new amplify curse reducing gcd for curses
- ua and haunt also benefiting from the fel concentration talent (where's fear? :wink:)
- new eradication talent increasing cast speed occasionaly (it's like having a free metagem)

Getting some more kiting potential:
- improved fear talent making fear instant cast after being resisted
- curse of exhaustion buff to 50% standard
- My favorite is the demonic circle/teleport spell which would give us a defensive "blink"

Other interesting things
- soul link has been nerfed to 15% and no 5% dmg buff but can now be reached by spending 11 points in the demo talent tree. And in order to get there you can spend point usefully on the improved talent fel vitality in combo with the other obvious ones
- Bane is now immediately reachable in the destro tree
- Imp shadowbolt got nerfed by 5%. Which I like since it was clear to anyone that it was a MUST have talent which you would build your gear around, even as affliction. This 5% nerf makes it a bit less crucial which seems like a good change to me.
- In the list of spells from mmo-champion I could find 1 rank (lvl38) of Curse of Idiocy. I wonder what they intend to do with that.
- Warlocks are getting a self damaging consecration it seems. Hellfire is now called Hellfire Effect and is now instant instead of channeled[/u]

All I wonder now is how we can prevent those damn healers to heal us in PvE making us and our life draining capabilities feel useless. Affliction locks obviously don't need any healing! :wink: :P

We're in an early stage. I know. And a lot of skills/talents will be reworked. But it's still fun to fantasize on these upcoming changes! :wink:
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)