So, who has a horde they wish could play in CTS?

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Jazm

Re: So, who has a horde they wish could play in CTS?

Post by Jazm »

tomas wrote:What is it with you and Ian having sigs that require me to scroll? :/

Fair enough i've not got this on full screen at work... but it's still annoying!
on a decent resolution and full screen they align better (2 rows, side by side) and actually take up less space than mine do :-(
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Sorry - I just have too many active characters! :D I'd expected it to split the images over two lines if you have a smaller horizontal res, didn't realise it would just make you scroll. At some point I might have a go at truncating the images slightly to make it fit comfortably on a 1024x768 res screen, but don't hold your breath.

Edit: I just tested by making my browser window smaller and it does change it from a 2x2 square to a 1x4 list. That's in both Firefox and IE8. So I'm guessing you're using a crappy browser like IE6 or IE7. Sorry. :P
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

right click image

/block

???

profit
tomas

Post by tomas »

Jazm wrote:
tomas wrote:What is it with you and Ian having sigs that require me to scroll? :/

Fair enough i've not got this on full screen at work... but it's still annoying!
on a decent resolution and full screen they align better (2 rows, side by side) and actually take up less space than mine do :-(
Like I said, i'm at work, the PC I'm on has had its memory upgraded *twice* in the last year, and it's starting to get close to the 1gig mark for example.

The resolution is poor, and it's a small screen. Also, like I said, I don't have the window maximised, this is because I need to see whats going on around it most the time.

Also, it's IE 6 i'm using.

While Ian's is of a size where it'd fit if I was Maximised, the other one is no where near.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

tomas wrote:Also, it's IE 6 i'm using.
tomas wrote:it's IE 6 i'm using.
tomas wrote:IE 6 i'm using.
tomas wrote:IE 6
tomas wrote:6
cronulus

Post by cronulus »

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)
tomas

Post by tomas »

I'm unsure if you think I should take up with the head of IT that we need to have a better browser at work so I don't have to scroll while reading some forum posts while I'm supposed to be working...
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

My work PC also has IE 6, but theres not alot i can do about it. But I have a proper resolution and most signatures are blocked due to being hosted on blocked sites.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
cronulus

Post by cronulus »

tomas wrote:I'm unsure if you think I should take up with the head of IT that we need to have a better browser at work so I don't have to scroll while reading some forum posts while I'm supposed to be working...
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a ... ivity.html
:wink: Managament at my company thought it was a good idea to not renew any current hardware for another year (crisis). While in fact I'm sure the cost of developers having to work on slower computers is a lot higher so I'm just not a fan of stoneage hardware. :P Depends on what you're doing at work but you've got a point.
Last edited by cronulus on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

wts admin rights on local PC

/pets his firefox
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

cronulus wrote:Managament at my company thought it was a good idea to not renew any current hardware for another year (crisis). While in fact I'm sure the cost of developers having to work on slower computers is a lot higher so I'm just not a fan of stoneage hardware. :P Depends on what you're doing at work but you've got a point.
Sometimes not upgrading is for the best. Recently work decided to upgrade the data wearhouse. Only to find out that becuase they didnt update the client at the same time half the queries no longer work.. Fortuntatly the offshore support office all had upgraded versions so dont worry about fixing it..
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

My office is moving to Windows 7 in two weeks time.

I expect to be living in interesting times. :P
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
tomas

Post by tomas »

cronulus wrote:While in fact I'm sure the cost of developers having to work on slower computers is a lot higher so I'm just not a fan of stoneage hardware. :P Depends on what you're doing at work but you've got a point.
How much slower? The computers here can be quite slow, but while upgrading stuff could make things run alot quicker and smoother, I couldn't see it saving many man hours in general, but i'm sure people would be happy to get their reports at 8am instead of 11am.
cronulus

Post by cronulus »

Beckie wrote:Sometimes not upgrading is for the best. Recently work decided to upgrade the data wearhouse. Only to find out that becuase they didnt update the client at the same time half the queries no longer work.. Fortuntatly the offshore support office all had upgraded versions so dont worry about fixing it..
Depends on what your upgrading. I'm just talking about my personal laptop which I'm local admin on. I'm just running developer software on it with local databases, services and some development environments. I'm not really depending on other servers and such.
tomas wrote:How much slower? The computers here can be quite slow, but while upgrading stuff could make things run alot quicker and smoother, I couldn't see it saving many man hours in general, but i'm sure people would be happy to get their reports at 8am instead of 11am.
You'd be surprised. It would save me hours. When you're compiling a huge amount of code divided in several layers (~40 C# projects divided among a common/server/client solution) and you have to rebuild often then it will save you a lot of time. I lose several hours a week waiting while my computer is compiling.
And seeing how they'd earn back the computer after having me outsourced somewhere for a week, doesn't make me see their point. Managers just don't know how Development works. For example unit testing, it's impossible to try and sell it to an ignorant manager, he'll just tell you to stop writing bugs instead. :P

Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

tomas wrote:I'm unsure if you think I should take up with the head of IT that we need to have a better browser at work so I don't have to scroll while reading some forum posts while I'm supposed to be working...
Or just a better, safer browser. IE6 is shit, It beggars belief that companies still use it, regardless of what they actually do.