Sooo

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

cronulus

Re: Sooo

Post by cronulus »

ash wrote:Guess the CD is a full install?

Makes you wonder if you buy Cata, do you need to buy the original game?
sure you can install Vanilla to Cataclysm but it all comes down to your account. If you create a battle.net account only using your Cata key you won't get far!
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

what you say makes total sense, but I'd still be curious to know if its true :x
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

dunno if this is useful for anyone: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... rdering-it

Maybe for those getting it at midnight or something?
cronulus

Post by cronulus »

I'll have to check that! When I upgraded and bought the digital copy of cata I downloaded something but I'm not sure if it was the actual final Cataclysm download. Was it?
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

The installer did take 10x as long to get from 1-50% (approximate midway point - it might of been more like 30%) as it did to get from 50%-100% which was done in seconds. So I think there was an element of loading data that I already had and as it found I had it it decided to skip it. But it wasnt all the big recent patch because on my laptop it got to the end and decided I still had 8gb to download (Hadnt patched it recently).

Anyone buying at midnight and wants to know which store to go to let me know.. and I will try and recomend a local store to you (UK only) and hopefully it wont be like Ian last year.... there is 22k games out there.. but only in 300 out of 2000 of stores.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Looks like I'll be buying the digital download tonight. Apparently Parcelforce cannot deliver due to the weather. They use the same roads that I just traveled to work on. Ridiculous.
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

/hug seppy
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Gonna brave Team Valley Industrial Estate later to get it :P
Woolfgar

Post by Woolfgar »

ahh i remember that place well - many a visit on a Sat/Sun with Cleo whilst she was at uni :)

mine and her copies are still stuck with the postman :(
"THEY'RE COMING TO GET YOU, BARBARA!"
Roper

Post by Roper »

Gutted for all of you. :(

Some people really need to make more effort with the snow.

Oh, and extra gutted for Seppy. Pardew...?
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Roper wrote:Gutted for all of you. :(

Some people really need to make more effort with the snow.

Oh, and extra gutted for Seppy. Pardew...?
It's not confirmed yet...
:cry:
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

But there has been 2 feet of snow

image001.jpg
image001.jpg (71.26 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
On a more serious note.. I have an idea of how the snow is affecting logistics (not post in particular just general lorries getting around) around the country and today the only place with problems now seems to be in scotland. But the catch up game hasnt finished. With 1/3 of lorries failing to get to their destination on time last week (thats nationwide so more like 2/3 up north) combined with being the busiest week of the year for online shopping/deliveries for christmas things are bound to be delayed. Thing is many distribution companies normally operate near there maximum as it is most cost effective so there is very little slack in the system to catch up quickly. You cannot magically get twice as many lorries on the road in one week to catch up, there isnt the lorries available or the drivers.

Duno if anyone watched the tv show on channel 5 (uk) about Eddie Stobarts? But delivery drivers only get a 30minute window which they can turn up to depot at. If the delivery driver shipping between Activison (London) and the distribution center gets delayed (due to snow&traffic) there is a good chance the driver either has to turn around and go home or park up somewhere and wait until the following day to deliver (if they can get a new delivery slot which isnt guarenteed).

So I can understand delays.. but considering mine arrived on Saturday I think any that havent turned up now are getting a little rediculious. But maybe its blizzards way of making more money by forcing people to do the digital download at £30 pure proft twice the amount of money they make if you buy it from a retailer. They did deliver to a certain retailer I know 6 days after the order was due in... and then it depends how well the retailer is geared up for a turnaround time.. and where there depot is located there are so many things that can go wrong..
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I understand it can cause delays BUT:
The roads here that are in use have been fine since the weekend, my parcel was loaded onto a delivery van (so it's not victim to the backlog) and then they decided they didn't want to go out in the snow. There's an easy enough route from PF to where I work. We use UPS extensively and they've been coming and going and they are on the same industrial estate as PF.
Roper

Post by Roper »

Beckie wrote:But maybe its blizzards way of making more money by forcing people to do the digital download at £30 pure proft twice the amount of money they make if you buy it from a retailer. They did deliver to a certain retailer I know 6 days after the order was due in... and then it depends how well the retailer is geared up for a turnaround time.. and where there depot is located there are so many things that can go wrong..
This. Lets face it, theres no reason why they couldnt just allow the game to be sent out a week early, its not like we can go ahaed and play it until they let us. Or charge less for the digital download. Then again, if they undercut the retail price would that piss off retailers?
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter