Realm first?

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

faery
Mage and Druid Class Leader

Realm first?

Post by faery »

Hey guys,
I'm sure that the answer for the majority is "no", but I am going to try for this realm first thingymajig and was wondering if anyone else was interested in grouping with me? I'll be on my mageycakes and have found a guidey thing and will have dailies ready to go as well as many many flasks and foods... so if anyone else is interested or has any hints or tips let me know. and yes I am already aware that a "no-lifer" will beat me but I thought I would try for the funsies anyway :)

~faery~
Faerydust, Pixiedust, Glitterdust, /who dust...
Juan

Re: Realm first?

Post by Juan »

Good luck!
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

A use for the stack of Relentless I have left over from iSeries, obviously!
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

quote from a blog I read:

Tips on Becoming the First Level 85 in Cataclysm

1. Lots of caffeine.

2. You went to school and went to work to kill time for Cataclysm, now it's time to abandon them. You don't need to go to school or make money, you need to hit level 85.

3. Don't sleep. Trust me when I say that you can be much more productive if you stay up for 3 days and just grind through the levels. Sure, you can comfortably sleep for 8-10 hours a day, but by the time you wake up your friends will have 1-2 levels over you and you'll be left by yourself. That isn't fun, now is it? Sure, you might be brain dead, but with Blizzard's in-game quest helper, you don't need to be fully operational to level.

4. Level with 1-2 other people. Everyone knows when leveling that leveling with someone else is always faster. You can talk to them and keep yourself preoccupied and you can also quickly get "group" quests done without having to type in general chat to get people to help you. Plus, you'll need 1 less person to do an instance because you'll already have one. I highly recommend against more than 2 other people because the experience loss per kill will outweigh the speed of those killings. Besides, once you get to those quests where you need to collect items from mobs, you'll be doing it forever.

5. Nobody should be a healer spec, including any of your friends that may be leveling with you as a group. It is extremely ineffective because you don't need a healer to level unless you are doing an instance. Once you get to the point that you need to do an instance, just queue for the instance, you will get a healer that way. You don't need it outside of it.
http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/World ... -Cataclysm
baranor

Post by baranor »

Im up for trying it :)

i know we won't get a server first but i want to power level for the fun and also i've never done it before
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Good luck! Hope you guys will hit server first :D
Roper

Post by Roper »

Good luck!

Not sure I'd put money on you getting their first, but hey somebody has to be first right!
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

Someone hit me, because I'm genuinely tempted. :) Can you link us the guide, Faery?
Mr. President, get up or I will kill you right there.
In loving memory of Jack Bauer
faery

Post by faery »

http://www.wow-pro.com/cataclysm-leveling-guide-1-85

this is the best guide i found so far that goes up to 84... all the others try and scam money from u :( lol and i know i (or we) prob wont get it but its worth a try anyway surely?
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

# Arixan's Alliance Leveling Guide - Uldum (83-84) - Coming Soon
# Arixan's Alliance Leveling Guide - Twilight Highlands (84-85) - Coming Soon
SuperHawk
Owner of Seppy's Babies

Post by SuperHawk »

WTS: Girlfriend, Job, Family.
WTB: Time, money and unlimited Dominos deliveries.

:(

Hope you guys are all good! Enjoy Cataclysm!

Pew pew
I love spoons.
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Hi Superhawk!!!!

Maybe download the questhelper addon. You know the one that with the big green arrow that gives you the fastest quest routes etc. Should be ready for cata.
xpolsiv

Post by xpolsiv »

If i had the time, a working PC and the energy... i still would probs not be able 2 do this lol.

Sounds epic fun tho, GL! I might be back sometime after launch to have a lookies at wat cata is like!
Whats that coming over the hill?!
Is it a monster?!
is it a monster?!
faery

Post by faery »

I will be getting questehlper again and also blizz has introduced the new in game quest help... and i will look for another guide on the weekend, Im kinda busy doing all my work atm so I can take Tuesday/Wednesday off. It should be a short race of about 15 hours... no longer than 20 if forum estimates are correct. 2 very nice ppl have agreed to tank/heal for me so I thought for the first 2 lvls I will power thru instances this will mean insta grps.. and the quests for the instances done fast (much xp!!) and will also mean that we dont have to wait for the mobs to respawn.. I imagine once we hit 82 most ppl will log off and go to sleep so it will only be the crazy ppl like me left :p so if you are interested in dpsing 2 lvls of instances send me an in game mail :)
I have to give a presentation to about 200 parents of prospective students on wednesday afternoon so ill only be powering thru for about 24 hrs anyway cos I dont think i can give a presentation very well on no sleep for 2 days :p
I am now off to the shops to buy out all of their energy drinks and chocolate (arent I a healthy eater :p)
Other advice is:
Log out on Monday next to the flight trainer to buy it immediately and go to the Mount Hyjal place (i think thats right ill check) as u can fly there and avoid being ganked...
and..
do the dailies to be handed in as soon as u log on..
wvdveer

Post by wvdveer »

Soo, someone hit lvl85 in about 5 hours? :roll: