Is my class overpowered?

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Is my class overpowered?

Post by Greentitch »

I hadn't seen this website before but it uses parses from World of Logs to calculate how much DPS each spec is pulling. Quite interesting really.

http://www.stateofdps.com/
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Re: Is my class overpowered?

Post by Beckie »

Intresting.. although surely if its just the top 120? parses I do wonder about the class specs like BM Hunters.. if there dps is really that much lower then the some of the other classes is there really going to be a representative sample (yes i know it indicates that sample size is lower)? Surely 95% (well alot) of people would of respec'd when they realise how bad there dps is (sample size indicating this to)? Leaving only the people who dont realise (hence more likely to play worse) playing that spec bringing the class/spec average down (although some of the partial remains are probably also stuborn people who may average higher then the displayed average). Just something to note when looking at the lower class/specs.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Juan

Post by Juan »

Holy paladins > You.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Also note that gear is itemized better for certain specs. I.e. all dk epics seem to have haste on, which is great for UH, but shit for frost.
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

I agree with Beckie and Seppy's points. It's not perfect. Then again, the rankings seem reasonably accurate based on what I see in raids.

Hunters are overpowered, that is all.
Black Arrow damage has been reduced by 25%.
Explosive Shot damage has been reduced by 25%.
h0h0